Found here are
romances between heroes and heroines of different
(List begun 10/2005, updated 01/13)
||European Historical Romances
||American Historical/Frontier Romances
- A Bed of Spices (1993) by Barbara Samuel - Solomon ben Jacob is Jewish and Rica der Esslingen is German/Catholic. (A at AAR)
- Reforming Lord Ragsdale (1995) by Carla Kelly - Emma Costello is Irish and John Staples, Lord Ragsdale, is English. (A at AAR)
- The Rogue and the Runaway (1990) by Mary Jo Putney - Lord Robert Andreville is English and Maxima Collins is half Mohawk.
- A Difficult Truce (1990) by Joan Wolf - Christina MacCarthy is Irish and Charles Standish, Duke of Dacre, is English.
European Historical Romances
- A Question of Honor (2002) by Nita Abrams - Rachel Roth Meyer is Jewish and Richard Drayton is English. (A- at AAR)
- One Touch of Scandal (2010) by Liz Carlyle - Grace Gauthier is French/English and Adam Forsythe, Lord Ruthveyn, is English/Indian. (B- at AAR)
- The Duke of Shadows (2008) by Meredith Duran - Emma Martin is English and Julian Sinclair is one-quarter Indian. (B- at AAR)
- Dark Angel (1994) by Anna Grant (Tracy Grant and Joan Grant) - Caroline Rawley is English and Adam Durward is half Indian.
- The Beloved One (1998) by Danelle Harmon - Charles de Montforte is English and Amy Leighton is half Mohawk. (A/B at AAR)
- The Morning Gift (1993) by Eva Ibbotson - Ruth Berger is Austrian Jewish and Quin Somerville is English.
- A Dangerous Love (2008) by Brenda Joyce - Ariella de Warrenne is Irish/Jewish and Emilian St. Xavier is English/Gypsy.
- The Far Pavilions (1978) by M.M. Kaye - Ashton Pelham-Martyn is English and Anjuli-Bai is Indian/Russian
- Uncertain Magic (1987) by Laura Kinsale - Roderica Delamore is English and Faelan Savigar, Earl of Iveragh, is Irish. (A at AAR)
- Mine Till Midnight (2007) by Lisa Kleypas - Amelia Hathaway is English and Cam Rohan is Gypsy. (B+ at AAR)
- Seduce Me at Sunrise (2008) by Lisa Kleypas - Winifred Hathaway is English and Kev Merripen is Gypsy. (A- at AAR)
- Cornered Tigress (2007) by Jade Lee - Little Pearl is Chinese and Jonas Storm is white American (set in China).
- Butterfly Swords (2010) by Jeannie Lin - Ai Li is Chinese and Ryam is white English (set in China). (A- at AAR)
- Angel Rogue (1995) by Mary Jo Putney - Lord Robert Andreville is English and Maxima Collins is half Mohawk. (A at AAR)
- The China Bride (2000) by Mary Jo Putney - Kyle Renbourne is English and Troth Mei-Lian Montgomery is half Chinese. (B+ at AAR)
- Veils of Silk (1992) by Mary Jo Putney - Lara Alexandrovna is Russian and Ian Cameron is English.
- A Secret in Her Kiss (2012) by Anna Randol - Mari Sinclair is Greek/English and Bennett Prestwood is English (set in Constantinople). (B- at AAR)
- Silent on the Moor (2009) by Deanna Raybourn - Lady Julia Grey is English and Nicholas Brisbane is half-Gypsy (Historical Mystery). (A- at AAR)
- The Black Angel (1999) by Barbara Samuel - Lady Adriana St. Ives is English and Tynan Spencer, Earl of Glencove, is Catholic Irish. (A at AAR)
- Highland Sunset (1987) by Joan Wolf - Vanessa MacIan is Scottish and Edward Romney, Earl of Linton, is English.
American Historical/Frontier Romances
- Comanche Moon (1993) by Catherine Anderson - Loretta Simpson is white and Hunter of the Wolf is half Comanche.
- China Rose (1988) by Karen Keast (Sandra Canfield) - Madison Brecker is white and Trinity Lee is half Chinese.
- The Trapper (2005) by Jenna Kernan - Eleanor Hart is white and Troy Price is half Indian.
- Glass Beach (1998) by Jill Marie Landis - Elizabeth Bennett is white and Spence Laamea is half Hawaiian.
- Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold (2010) by Ellen O'Connell - Anne Wells is white and Cord Bennett is half Cheyenne.
- For Her Love (2004) by Paula Reed - Giles Courtney is white and Grace is biracial (white/black). (C+ at AAR)
- Night Shadow (2001) by Laura Renken - Marcus is English and Liandra is Spanish. (D at AAR)
- Desire in the Sun (1988) by Karen Robards - Joss San Pietro is mixed race (white/black) and Lilah Remy is white.
- The Sleeping Night (2012) by Barbara Samuel - Angel Corey is white and Isaiah High is black. (A- at AAR)
- Siren (2005) by Cheryl Sawyer - Leonore Roncival is part black (passes for white) American and Jean Lafitte is French. (B at AAR)
- The Horsemaster's Daughter (1999) by Susan Wiggs - Hunter Calhoun is white and Eliza Flyte is an octoroon. (A- at AAR)
- The Best of Both Worlds (4/2004) by Elissa Ambrose - SSE-1607 - Carter Prescott is white and Becky Roth is Jewish.
- Love in Bloom's (2002) by Judith Arnold - Julia Bloom is Jewish and Ron Joffe is non-Jewish. (B+ at AAR)
- Miss One Thousand Spring Blossoms (1969) by John Ball - Richard Seaton is American and Miss One Thousand Spring Blossoms is Japanese.
- The Healer (1/2003) by Jean Brashear - HSR-1105 - Caroline Malone is white and Diego Montalvo is half Mexican.
- The Businessman's Bride (1/2007) by Jackie Braun - HR-3929 - Anne Lundy is Japanese-American and Rick Danton is white.
- Gone Too Far (2003) by Suzanne Brockmann - Sam Starrett is white and Alyssa Locke is biracial (white/black). (A- at AAR)
- Letter from Peking (1957) by Pearl S. Buck - Elizabeth MacLeod is American and Gerald MacLeod is Eurasian (Chinese/Scottish).
- Naked Edge (2010) by Pamela Clare - Kat James is Navajo and Gabe Rossiter is white. (B+ at AAR)
- Skin Deep (1999) by Kathleen Cross - Nina Moore is biracial (looks white/identifies as black) and Ahmad Jefferson is black. (A at AAR)
- Sunshine and Shadow (1986) by Sharon and Tom Curtis - Susan Peachey is Amish and Alan Wilde is "English." (A- at AAR)
- The Cinderella Coach (1/1992) by Roz Denny - HR-3169 - Trask Jennings is white and Jade Han is Eurasian.
- Milk in My Coffee (1998) by Eric Jerome Dickey - Kimberly Chavers is white and Jordan Greene is black.
- Impulsive (2010) by HelenKay Dimon - Katie Long is white American and Eric Kimura is Japanese-American. (B at AAR)
- Beyond All Reason (11/1993) by Judith Duncan - SIM-536 - Tanner McCall is half white and half Native Canadian and Kate Quinn is white. (B+ at AAR)
- Marriage of Agreement (1/2000) by Judith Duncan - SIM-975 - Mitch Munroe is white and Maria Rodriguez is Mexican.
- Reason to Believe (1995) by Kathleen Eagle - Clara Pipestone is white and Ben Pipestone is Lakota Indian. (A at AAR)
- Five Smooth Stones (1966) by Ann Fairbairn - David Champlain is black and Sarah Kent is white.
- She Walks the Line (2/2005) by Roz Denny Fox - HSR-1254 - Cullan Archer is white and Mei Lu Ling is Chinese. (C at AAR)
- The Ambassador's Vow (10/2002) by Barbara Gale - SSE-1500 - Daniel Boylan is black and Katherine Harriman is white.
- Under the Wire (2006) by Cindy Gerard - Manny Ortega is Nicaraguan and Lily Campora is American. (B+ at AAR)
- No Commitment Required (2000) by Seressia Glass - Michael Benjamin is white and Yvonne Mitchelson is black.
- The Deepest Edge (2003) by Jessica Hall (Lynn Viehl) - T'ang Jian-Shen is Chinese and Valence St. Charles is white American. (B at AAR)
- The Kissing Blades (2003) by Jessica Hall (Lynn Viehl) - Kameko Sayura is Japanese and Sean Delaney is white American. (B- at AAR)
- Naked (2010) by Megan Hart - Olivia Mackey is biracial and Alex Kennedy is white (Erotica).
- The Paris Secret (2011) by Angela Henry - Maya Sinclair is biracial American and Simon Girard is white French. (B- at AAR)
- Sarah's Sin (7/1991) by Tami Hoag - LS-480 - Sarah Troyer is Amish and Matt Thorne is "English."
- MacKenzie's Mountain (1989) by Linda Howard - Mary Potter is white and Wolf MacKenzie is half Indian/half Scottish. (A at AAR)
- Delaney's Desert Sheikh (11/2002) by Brenda Jackson - SD-1473 - Delaney Westmoreland is black and Jamal Ari Yasir is Tahranian.
- Her Galahad (10/2002) by Melissa James - SIM-1182 - Tessa Earldon is white and Jirrah McLaren is Australian Aboriginal. (D at AAR)
- The Color of Love (1995) by Sandra Kitt - Jason Horn is white and Leah Downey is black. (A at AAR)
- Close Encounters (2000) by Sandra Kitt - Lee Grafton is white and Carol Taggert is black. (B+ at AAR)
- Does She or Doesn't She? (2003) by Alisa Kwitney - Ford is Eurasian (white/Chinese) and Delilah Levine is white.
- Mergers & Matrimony (6/2011) by Allison Leigh - SIM-1761 - Helen Hanson is white American and Morito Taka is Japanese.
- The Way Men Act (1993) by Elinor Lipman - Melinda LeBlanc is white and Dennis Vaughan is black.
- Happily Even After (2010) by Lena Matthews - Creigh De Luca is African American and Dean De Luca is Italian American.
- The Sheik's Bartered Bride (2/2005) by Lucy Monroe - HP-2447 - Catherine Benning is white and Hakim bin Omar al Kadar is Arab.
- A Crime of the Heart (11/1988) by Cheryl Reavis - SSE-487 - Adam Sauder is Amish and Quinn Tyler is "English." (B at AAR)
- A Piece of Heaven (2003) by Barbara Samuel - Luna McGraw is white and Tomas Coyote is Hispanic. (A/B+ at AAR)
- When Venus Fell (1998) by Deborah Smith - Gib Cameron is white and Venus Arinelli is Eurasian (white/Japanese). (A- at AAR)
- Coyote Dream (2004) by Jessica Davis Stein - Ben Lonefeather is Navajo and Sarah Friedman is Jewish. (B+ at AAR)
- Child of Her Heart (2004) by Cheryl St. John - Meredith Malone is white and Justin Weber is black. (C- at AAR)
- Fire and Ice (2008) by Anne Stuart - Takashi O'Brien is Japanese and Jillian "Jilly" Lovitz is white. (B+ at AAR)
- A Drummer's Beat to Mend (2005) by Kei Swanson - McKenna is black American and Tetsuro is Japanese.
- Home Free (7/1992) by Cathy Gillen Thacker - HAR-445 - John Westfield is white and Anne Haynes is Eurasian.
- Forbidden Quest (1998) by Dar Tomlinson - Paul Michael Quest is Jamaican (black) and Carolyna Sinclair is American (white).
- Heaven Sent (9/1987) by Jamisan Whitney - SCAL-423 - hero is Chinese American and the heroine is Eurasian (English/Chinese).
- Meant To Be Married (7/1998) by Ruth Wind - SSE-1194 - Sarah Greenwood is white and Elias Santiago is Mexican American. (A at AAR)
- Rio Grande Wedding (10/1999) by Ruth Wind - SIM-964 - Molly Sheffield is white and Alejandro Sosa is Mexican. (B+ at AAR)
- The Argentine Lover (2003) by Samantha Winston - Renee Piccabea is American and Juan Allistair is Colombian.
- A Grand Passion (2004) by Samantha Winston - Casey Hatter is American and Alessandro Sottini is Italian.
- Beloved Stranger (3/1984) by Joan Wolf - RR-58 - Susan Morgan is American and Ricardo Montoya is Colombian. (A at AAR)
- The Veiled Web (1999) by Catherine Asaro - Lucia del Mar is Latina and Rashid al-Jaziri is Moroccan. (B at AAR)
- The Panther and the Rose (1993) by Mary Burkehardt - Amy Stockwell is white and Toshiro Valerius is biracial (Swedish/Japanese).
- Desperado (1997) by Sandra Hill - Helen Prescott is white and Rafael Santiago is Mexican American.
- Knight of a Trillion Stars (1995) by Dara Joy - Deana Jones is American and Lorgin ta'al Krue is Aviaran (Charl). (A at AAR)
- Rejar (1997) by Dara Joy - Lilac is English and Rejar is Aviaran (Charl/Familiar). (A at AAR)
- Stardust of Yesterday (1996) by Lynn Kurland - Genevieve is American and Kendrick is a ghost.
- Local Custom (2002) by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller - Anne Davis is Terran and Er Thom yos'Galan is Liaden.
- The Blue Sword (1982) by Robin McKinley - Harry Crewe is Homelander/Outlander and Corlath of Damar is Hillfolk.
- Angel-Seeker (2004) by Sharon Shinn - Rebekah is Jansai and Obadiah is angel. (B+ at AAR)
- Archangel (1996) by Sharon Shinn - Rachel is Edori and Gabriel is angel. (A at AAR)
- Hostage to Pleasure (2008) by Nalini Singh - Ashaya Aleine is Psy and Dorien Christensen is Changeling.
- Mine to Possess (2008) by Nalini Singh - Talin McKade is Human and Clay Bennett is Changeling. (A at AAR)
- Slave to Sensation (2006) by Nalini Singh - Sascha Duncan is Psy and Lucas Hunter is Changeling. (A at AAR)
- The Autumn Lord (1996) by Susan Sizemore - Simon is French and Diane is half Chinese.
- Tinker (2003) by Wen Spencer - Tinker is American and Windwolf is elven. (B at AAR)
- Lover Avenged (2009) by J.R. Ward - Ehlena is a vampire and Rehvenge is a vampire/sympath halfbreed. (B- at AAR)
- Blood Challenge (2011) by Eileen Wilks - Lily Yu is human Asian-American and Rule Turner is a wolf shifter; Arjenie Fox is human/sidhe and Benedict Turner is a wolf shifter. (B at AAR)
This list is currently closed for submissions.