AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Book Thief Movie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: The Book Thief Movie Reply with quote

Went with my husband to see "Enough Said" with James Gandolfini and Julia Louis Dreyfus. Enjoyed it and felt sad that there will be no more opportunities for Gandolfini to display the charm he had here, but what most excited me was the trailer for "The Book Thief". I had no idea they'd made a movie of it. Stars Geoffrey Rush and Emily Watson as Hans and Rosa Huberman; the other actors are not known to me. Did not see a credit for Death, which is a disappoinment. Expected release is November.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816442/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Last edited by Susan/DC on Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nana

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man. I am terrified. This is going to be a hard book to adapt and could go so, so wrong... but I'm actually reassured by how few people I recognize in the cast. Trying to shoehorn famous stars into these movies so often results in a lesser movie. Also I hope that an all-European cast will be more internally consistent than those awkward moments where one person in the cast is clearly an American (ie Reese Witherspoon in The Importance of Being Earnest).
Katie (kat)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks really good. Thanks for posting the link. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: