AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Astonishing! DWTS
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dick

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Astonishing! DWTS Reply with quote

DWTS opened last night without a thread opening on this board? Astonishing.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly Dick I didn't know if anyone would be interested in a thread? Seems like the last one fizzled out.

Anyway, I loved it, I think it's going to be a great season!

My prediction of first to go home is the Italian Model chick, her claim to fame here in the US seems to be that she is George Clooney's ex. I can't see her having the votes to go on.

Thought Rob Kardashian was a jerk and good for Cheryl for standing up to him!

The rest though, enjoyed them all! Carson was so entertaining and funny. Thought David Arquette had a sweet, vulnerable vibe going on and he was very entertaining as well. Also really enjoying Hope Solo, girl power!

So funny when Nancy had her dance they cut to her kids and there was the little girl picking her nose, bwah!

The guy burned in Iraq had such a great attitude and dance talent too.

Ricky Lake - I have such an aversion to Derek I ffwd through some of hers. At least he wasn't given an easy win this time around.

Linda
ps - Dick you should change the subject line of your post have DWTS in there so other viewers will post.
xina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely forgot about it! I watching something with stellar performances...Housewives of Beverly Hills. Yep...I'll admit it.
KarenS

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to hijack this thread but we watched only the last minute of DWTS while we waited for Castle to come on.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so Ron ws the first to go, he will not be missed!

Linda
ps..really glad Hawaii 5-0 is back!
dick

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@linda in s w va: A good idea to change the subject title; however, I don't know how to do that.

As usual, I got called to the TV rather regularly during the program. During one of those calls, I predicted that the basketball player would go; he looked as if he were on stilts.
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal opinion is this season the title should be changed to Dancing with the D-Listers. I've no intention of watching it as I only know who a very few of the "Stars" really are!
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dick wrote:
@linda in s w va: A good idea to change the subject title; however, I don't know how to do that.

As usual, I got called to the TV rather regularly during the program. During one of those calls, I predicted that the basketball player would go; he looked as if he were on stilts.

Good call! He was pretty weird as well, I'm not sorry to see him go.

I'm really excited about this season though, I think it will be one of the best yet!

Kristie, yeah they're not A-listers for sure but still very enjoyable. Very Happy

Linda
robiform

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

Linda

Linda, I also thought George Clooney's ex would be the first to go, but you're right--Ron Artest won't be missed! (Apparently not all athletes do well on DWTS!) If Elisabetta (sp?) doesn't improve, she'll go next week, IMHO.

I also love "Hawaii 5-0"--I know that CBS promo'ed that first meeting between Terry O'Quinn's character and Daniel Dae Kim's character into the ground, but it was still a hoot to see it during the show! (Yes, I still miss "Lost", but I'm glad it went out with a great season!) My favorite part of "H50" is when McGarrett and Dano have their discussions in the car--reminds me of a great old show "I Spy" and the bromance between the characters played by Robert Culp and Bill Cosby!

Hmm, maybe we should start a "Hawaii 5-0" thread?? Smile
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robiform wrote:
Linda in sw va wrote:

Linda

Linda, I also thought George Clooney's ex would be the first to go, but you're right--Ron Artest won't be missed! (Apparently not all athletes do well on DWTS!) If Elisabetta (sp?) doesn't improve, she'll go next week, IMHO.

I also love "Hawaii 5-0"--I know that CBS promo'ed that first meeting between Terry O'Quinn's character and Daniel Dae Kim's character into the ground, but it was still a hoot to see it during the show! (Yes, I still miss "Lost", but I'm glad it went out with a great season!) My favorite part of "H50" is when McGarrett and Dano have their discussions in the car--reminds me of a great old show "I Spy" and the bromance between the characters played by Robert Culp and Bill Cosby!

Hmm, maybe we should start a "Hawaii 5-0" thread?? Smile

As a tie in to DWTS and Hawaii 5-0, just saw that Billy Baldwin will be appearing on Hawaii 5-0, should be interesting!

Linda
ps - also watching Vampire Dairies!
jebe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

robiform wrote:
If Elisabetta (sp?) doesn't improve, she'll go next week, IMHO.

I agree. I watched it Monday with little interest. My usual MO is I don't get hooked on the season until they've weeded out at least four to five fillers. I'm glad it's back, though.

Linda in sw va wrote:
also watching Vampire Dairies!

Me, too! Love that show even though it's so not age appropriate for me! Very Happy Hoping they find someone for Alaric, he's such a good guy!
Lynda X

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching last night, I hope that viewers do Chas (forget last name--Bono?) a favor and vote him off. I am really concerned that he'll do permanent injury to himself. I expected him to be a lousy dancer, but was pleasantly surprised that he did so well. Must be in half of his genes, anyway.

I thought the best dancer was that burned soldier. What an attitude! (And he's pretty good too). Hope he wins the whole program.

The Italian babe seemed pretty snitty to me.

I feel sorry for Nancy Grace (?), the prosecutor. She just seems to have no natural grace.

I watch this program, not because I like to dance (I don't) and agree that the the "stars" are pretty low on the totam pole, but because it's so interesting to see their improvement (or not), week to week.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynda X wrote:
After watching last night, I hope that viewers do Chas (forget last name--Bono?) a favor and vote him off. I am really concerned that he'll do permanent injury to himself. I expected him to be a lousy dancer, but was pleasantly surprised that he did so well. Must be in half of his genes, anyway.

I thought the best dancer was that burned soldier. What an attitude! (And he's pretty good too). Hope he wins the whole program.

The Italian babe seemed pretty snitty to me.

I feel sorry for Nancy Grace (?), the prosecutor. She just seems to have no natural grace.

I watch this program, not because I like to dance (I don't) and agree that the the "stars" are pretty low on the totam pole, but because it's so interesting to see their improvement (or not), week to week.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Chaz go, or the snitty Italian model, lol.

I don't care for Nancy Grace though, I don't like the way she treats her partner.

I LOVED the soldiers' dance and was so disappointed the judges didn't! I'm confused now because their dance with the high kicks looked more like a jive than any of the others but they said it was too much like the Lindy. Ricky, Hope, etc. had these tiny little kicks that you could barely see. I guess I might have thought I knew what the jive was, but I didn't, lol.

Let's see - I adore Carson but this week's dance wasn't very good, I do admire that he's not trying to just get by in personality, he's putting the work in and really wants to be good at it.

The contestants seem to be pretty evenly matched, this always makes it more interesting, imho. I love this show because of the journey, my favorite contestants are rarely those that are the most talented.

Linda
dick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My god! A dance to the soundtrack from Psycho? Don't much care for interpretative dance, but have to admit it worked.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dick wrote:
My god! A dance to the soundtrack from Psycho? Don't much care for interpretative dance, but have to admit it worked.

I really enjoyed the music last night!

I thought JR did so well, I'm not happy with Carrie Ann giving him only a 7. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: