AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Library books for Kindle is up!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Library books for Kindle is up!! Reply with quote

11,000 libraries are live now with Kindle ebooks available to borrow.

My library is up and running with it- can't wait to try it out tonight when I get home.

Has anyone used it yet? You go through Overdrive like the epub books.
merryweather

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea! When my husband gets home tonight I'll see if we can figure it out between us. Excited to give it a try.
For the first time in her life, she saw exactly what she’d thrown away when she decided to have him by means fair or foul……that she’d not saved him but wronged him by consigning to him all the ability of a box turtle to make his own choices. ~Gigi
cork_dork_mom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Kindle addict and my library now has Kindles available on Overdrive. It is SUPER easy to use. Very Happy

This is using Overdrive Media...
You have to connect via USB, not wireless. When you download a book it shows up in your Kindle folder on the computer. Just click & drag it to the documents folder & it downoalds immediately.

With our set up you can choose either a 7 or 14 day checkout. The book will go away after that period. You can't "return" it earlier if you finish before the time expires. It can be rechecked out though if you don't finish it.

YaY! Another excuse to keep reading & not get stuff done around the house. Sure wish I didn't have to work for a living (even if it is at the library Smile )
LCM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Amazon expanded to more libraries? Earlier this week I read that they were Beta testing via the Seattle and King County Public Libraries.

Being a Seattle resident, I immediately went out and borrowed a book from the SPL. I was able to download via wireless connection directly to my Kindle, but not via 3G. I thought the process was very straightforward.

Happy Dancing Here!
Kayne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Thanks so much Reply with quote

Thanks so much for letting us know about this. I just downloaded and started reading my first library book on Kindle. I was surprised that there is already waiting lists on most romance books! I hope more books will become available in this format. My state library's Overdrive showed 400 romance books in Kindle format. Of those only 25 were available to download. The rest require holds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: