AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Astonishing! DWTS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlotta

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was odd the way Max was so quiet, I thought maybe he had fake teeth in and couldn't talk. He did look sort of mean, I'm not sure why I like him so much, but I do.

Who is voting for Nancy? She must have a lot more fans than I would have thought. I'm just really surprised she didn't go home. Maybe next week.
sasklady

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to change the name of the show to Dancing With the B-Listers. Maybe that wouldn't have the cachet that DWTS has but it would be much more apt. Don't know who most of those people are!! Although, maybe now they have been on the show, they will be able to be classified as Want to be Stars.

I was happy to see Chas go. Bruno's comments were unnecessary, but then I think Bruno needs to be voted off the Island also. Too tired of his theatrics. I like Max as a dancer but his ego is getting in the way. Maybe he needs a time out to adjust his attitude.

I cannot believe people kept Nancy there & voted David out. But then, the show never was about being a good dancer, it's a popularity contest all 'round. I'm sick to death of the whole Kardashian family so I would not be sad to see Rob go. Could someone please gag Kris Jenner? The woman is a menace to her whole family. Total media whore, even her family says so. She told Piers Morgan so too. Ick.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR rocked the house last night, I hope he takes it!

It was great to see Hope and Maks in a more positive frame of mind.

Carlotta, I've heard that Tristan actually has a fairly large voting base so between them both perhaps that's why she's still there.

Linda
Meg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really pleased with the final three and would be happy regardless of who won. Although if JR loses, I hope Karina is a better sport than when she lost with Mario Lopez.

I'm relieved that Hope did not pull a Bristol. She did not deserve to be in the finals. She and Maks brought a level of negative energy for the past few weeks and her smarmy remarks about the judges on the Results show just convinced me why I never liked her. Plus she didn't seem to be close to any of the celebs.

Meg
Donna Lea Simpson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meg, it seems to me that Maks - who I liked very much until this year - has infected her with his negativism. Where the heck did her remarks on Monday night - that 'they' never wanted her on the show - come from?

Maks has slipped, for me, from 'fun bad boy' into 'entitled brat' territory. Not attractive. I think he's peeved because his hand-picked 'star' didn't serve him better in his quest to beat Derek Hough.

http://www.donnaleasimpson.com
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna, I'm pretty much there with you on Maks! Though, I'm willing to let this season go and have him back next year if he goes back to being fun rather than as ass. Very Happy

I just really do not want to see Derek get another win, I hope it's JR! The judges have seemed biased in favor Rikki all season. I hope JR's ankle doesn't get in the way of bringing it home becuase he is not only the most deserving but the best dancer.

The petty side of me would love to see Karina get a win before Maks does! Very Happy At one point they were engaged.

Linda
dick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no favorite between Lake and JR, but I do think that Derek has deserved the wins I've seen, for he is obviously a really good choreographer. The best "should" win, regardless of the kind of contest. And I was puzzled that JR didn't get a shot of steroids in his ankle rather than ice it all week; perhaps he's allergic or something.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dick wrote:
I've no favorite between Lake and JR, but I do think that Derek has deserved the wins I've seen, for he is obviously a really good choreographer. The best "should" win, regardless of the kind of contest. And I was puzzled that JR didn't get a shot of steroids in his ankle rather than ice it all week; perhaps he's allergic or something.

But it's not really about the best pro winning, it's not supposed to be a professional dance competition. I personally think Derek has been handed more partners that have dance experience already, at least the past few seasons. I think he's catered to by the show these days and it's gotten old. I agree that he is an excellent choreographer.

If we're going with the best dancer that would be JR, in fact I think he's one of the best that has ever passed through the show. Karina is also an excellent choreographer, as is Lacey. Lacey's choreographed some of my favorite pro dances on DWTS. I would add Mark in this list because he's good but it annoys me that he seems to choreograph more for himself than his dancer.
Meg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna Lea Simpson wrote:
Meg, it seems to me that Maks - who I liked very much until this year - has infected her with his negativism. Where the heck did her remarks on Monday night - that 'they' never wanted her on the show - come from?

Donna, I agree too that Maks’ lack of respect with the judges have influenced Hope. If he continued to be a true professional and worked on the criticism constructively, I don’t think we would have seen such bratty behavior by those two. If you caught her remarks on the “Results” show – “f**k them; I can’t even look at them (judges)”…she thinks that she is being unfairly judged because she is an athlete. Hello!? There are always one or two athletes each season and some of them even have won. Either you have the rhythm naturally or you work hard on it.

Linda in sw va wrote:

I personally think Derek has been handed more partners that have dance experience already, at least the past few seasons. I think he's catered to by the show these days and it's gotten old. I agree that he is an excellent choreographer.

Linda, we’ll just have to agree to disagree. Wink Shannon Elizabeth; Holly Madison

In a way, I hope Rob wins. He’s come a long way and this would boost his self confidence and let him get out of his sisters’ shadows. But Karina winning her first would be nice to see; she did great this year.

Meg
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad JR won, yay!! Very Happy

Linda
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was very happy that JR won as well. I didn't used to like Karina much (although always thought she was a good dancer), but this season I really enjoyed her.
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was exactly how I hoped the results would go. Although I liked Rikki a lot, Rob really did come on like gangbusters the final few weeks and despite the handicap of being a Kardasian, was a treat to watch. So I'm glad he came in second. And who wasn't routing for Karina and JR, first because Karina has been on the show for quite a while now and has come so close, but also because JR was so inspiring and fun to watch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: