AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good-bye TWoP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaime

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Good-bye TWoP Reply with quote

That forum has been part of my on-line life since 2003. Thanks for all the snark and I'll miss you.
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Good-bye TWoP Reply with quote

jaime wrote:
That forum has been part of my on-line life since 2003. Thanks for all the snark and I'll miss you.

Wow! I didn't know that. I've checked it for a lot of TV shows over the years. And I just learned that The Romance Reader closed. It was my mainstay source for romance reviews until AAR started, and I still checked it periodically.
jaime

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, TWoP closed Midnight early Sunday. The Romance Reader closing is a bummer too.

I guess this means I'll spend even more time on Pinterest.
Trish B

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to sound stupid but what was TWoP?
jaime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trish B wrote:
Hate to sound stupid but what was TWoP?

TWoP = the now sadly defunct Television Without Pity message boards.
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Television Without Pity (TWoP), I hung out at that place for years. I had my ups and downs with them and even got banned ... which wasn't an unusual occurrence there since they were so persnickety. (A kind way of putting it, I think. Wink ) However, people always found ways to get back on the boards! Ha!

Anyway, regarding TWoP, many of its board members are heading to the site, Previously.TV: http://previously.tv/

Here's a direct link to their forums: http://forums.previously.tv/

The beauty of this "new" site is the people who run it were formerly involved with running TWoP in its early days, so it has some relationship to the board that closed down ... without the corporate ownership.

As for the Romance Reader, I was sad to see that site close as well. It was a good place to get honest reviews that didn't sugar coat things, just like AAR.
jaime

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on TWoP since 2003. It used to be called Mighty Big TV I believe in the real early days. Those mods were something else over there. I got banned twice during my membership, once for not using proper grammar and once for being too opinionated. Each of my bans was for a couple of days only so it wasn't that big of a deal for me - just annoying. I don't know whether anybody ever got banned for good.

Yes, I joined previouslytv now. Thanks for linking to it. So far so good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: