AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our pets--sharing stories and photos...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
[When we first got our Lab as a rescue, she was about 1 1/2 years old. She would not go down the basement stairs, no matter what we did. We would put treats on the landing and she'd go as far as that, then turn right around. But you could see how anxious she was to join my son, since he has a room down there. After about two weeks, we figured we had to do something; so I told him to just pick her up and take her down. She was so excited when she got there. Then she went up the stairs and back down several times until she appeared to be comfortable with it, and we've never had any problem since then. Who knows?

That's a great story Tee, sometimes you will just never know! I too have tried the treats on the steps to no avail. Of course, I can't pick him up and carry him down, lol

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took this pic of Bell today! He looks sad but he was really sleepy, I woke him up by clicking the camera at him. He goes back to the vet tomorrow to be rechecked, cross your fingers he gets a good report.

Linda
Tee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say, Linda, is--"too cute." Keep us updated after the check tomorrow.
xina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, what a cutie. I hope everything goes well for him. Like Tee said, keep us up to date.
A vet once told me that when dogs come home from being overnight, they are extremely tired because they try to stay awake when they are away from home. That goes for boarding them too...they try not to sleep.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they kept him again, wanted to put him back on the iv, so maybe this last round will do it. They said I could likely come get him on Sat. Thanks for all your well wishes ladies!

Linda
Tee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter is back in town and took a few pictures of our Lab. Just showing off a bit here (as we pet owners tend to do Laughing ). Linda, I hope your Pug is coming along. We've not heard from you for a bit regarding his second round of therapy.

Tee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A cute short newspaper article from North Carolina about the ups and downs of owning dogs, sadness and joys. At least, I thought it was funny. We pet owners laugh and cry, then laugh again when we're ready to start all over.

http://www2.mcdowellnews.com/entertainment/2011/sep/29/scott-hollifield-city-dogs-life-not-so-ruff-ruff-ar-1446016/
xina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is beautiful Tee! And I love that article too. I can relate. Smile
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
My daughter is back in town and took a few pictures of our Lab. Just showing off a bit here (as we pet owners tend to do Laughing ). Linda, I hope your Pug is coming along. We've not heard from you for a bit regarding his second round of therapy.

Wow, Tee these are absolutely beautiful shots, gorgeous dog!!

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our pug is doing great! He's so much happier and playful now, it makes me realize just how long he must have been feeling bad and we didn't know. Crying or Very sad Things look great now though.

I took a brief video of Ranger and his frisbee, let me know if you can view it, it's my first attempt with my iphone, I'm a little embarrassed about using my 'baby'/puppy voice, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OwRPiZp6v4

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
A cute short newspaper article from North Carolina about the ups and downs of owning dogs, sadness and joys. At least, I thought it was funny. We pet owners laugh and cry, then laugh again when we're ready to start all over.

http://www2.mcdowellnews.com/entertainment/2011/sep/29/scott-hollifield-city-dogs-life-not-so-ruff-ruff-ar-1446016/

Awww, that was sweet. Smile

Linda
Tee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What fun, Linda. Ranger really looks healthy. Good for him and all of you. Your backyard looks like a nice big place for him to run, too. Strange--I'm used to your "texting voice," which is silent. It was neat to "hear" it. Very Happy
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
What fun, Linda. Ranger really looks healthy. Good for him and all of you. Your backyard looks like a nice big place for him to run, too. Strange--I'm used to your "texting voice," which is silent. It was neat to "hear" it. Very Happy

Thanks Tee! Ranger has a good two acres to roam and we have him on the invisible fence system to keep him out of the road and from bothering the neighbors. He will lay that frisbee at your feet a 100 times over, probably until he dropped from exhaustion.

Again, that was my 'baby' voice going in but it could have been worse, lol I was thinking of the time four years ago when I was house training our pug and he was giving me a real challenge. I was trying to get him excited about going outside and made up this song about having a pee-pee party outside, he was twirling in circles and I was running to the door singing it in this silly voice. My daughter (14 then) yells MOM in this horrified voice and there she was standing outside with her boyfriend, haha. Oops Very Happy

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so cute LInda! And I use the same voice with our dogs and I suppose the cat too. It's funny, our sheltie is obsessed with his frisbee too and can catch it like Ranger. They might just have the same sort of personality! I should do that with my iphone, but I don't know how to post it. Yeah, I know...I'm hopeless!
Good to hear about your pug too. I'm so glad he is feeling better. Animals rarely let us know when something is wrong, so don't feel guilty about that. At least you caught it before it became really serious.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Oh, so cute LInda! And I use the same voice with our dogs and I suppose the cat too. It's funny, our sheltie is obsessed with his frisbee too and can catch it like Ranger. They might just have the same sort of personality! I should do that with my iphone, but I don't know how to post it. Yeah, I know...I'm hopeless!
Good to hear about your pug too. I'm so glad he is feeling better. Animals rarely let us know when something is wrong, so don't feel guilty about that. At least you caught it before it became really serious.

Xina, glad I am not the only one, lol! I wonder what our two pups would do if they ever got together? Probably fight over the frisbee, haha. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: