AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our pets--sharing stories and photos...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niftybergin wrote:
I haven't posted a picture of Bandit recently. This one is from July:

I took him in to have his teeth cleaned, and they had to shave his leg for the IV. I don't know how other dogs are, but for my dog, a shaved spot on his leg is a lick-magnet...which will lead to a hot spot. He's fine as long as I'm right there with him, because I can tell him to stop licking and he's so good he'll obey. But at night while I'm sleeping, or during the day while I'm at work, I can't be on lick-patrol. Hence the Cone of Shame. Luckily he only had to wear it for about 3 days.

Awww, poor baby, lick patrol - too funny! I haven't noticed my dogs do this but our Pug is due for his teeth to be cleaned, once he's through this illness.

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I went to see Bell today and they had him hooked up to an iv, I did get him to eat a little out of my hand and they said if he ate breakfast he could come home.

Linda
ps - I know Bell is usually a girls name but it's a long story that starts off with me thinking I was bringing home a female... lol
cheri

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, I'm not sure what the neighbors think of the crowing but they do love the eggs Smile and yes fresh is def better. cheri
Tee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheri, it's so great hearing from you. It's been a long time. Hope all is well and you certainly do have a menagerie at your place. In case you're interested, there are two other threads in this same forum relating to the same subject. They just got very long and were ended in order to begin new ones. Check them out if you have the time. Lots and lots and lots of photos in them from many readers. Linda in sw va started the whole thing out when she first got her dog Ranger as a puppy in 2009. You don't need to read every post and you can quickly scroll through until you come to pictures. Here are the links:

http://likesbooks.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4901
http://likesbooks.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7227

Linda, things appear to be a bit better with Bell, so, hopefully, it will keep moving in that direction.

Niftybergin, I just noticed that the cone is somewhat transparent. The ones we had for our dogs were not. Maybe it makes things a little easier for the animals that way to see peripherally.
xina

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda...What happened to Bell? I looked through the thread and thought I missed something, but can't find anything. I hope he is doing well.

I must try and post some new pics of my pups today....
xina

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
Cheri, it's so great hearing from you. It's been a long time. Hope all is well and you certainly do have a menagerie at your place. In case you're interested, there are two other threads in this same forum relating to the same subject. They just got very long and were ended in order to begin new ones. Check them out if you have the time. Lots and lots and lots of photos in them from many readers. Linda in sw va started the whole thing out when she first got her dog Ranger as a puppy in 2009. You don't need to read every post and you can quickly scroll through until you come to pictures. Here are the links:

http://likesbooks.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4901
http://likesbooks.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=7227

Linda, things appear to be a bit better with Bell, so, hopefully, it will keep moving in that direction.

Niftybergin, I just noticed that the cone is somewhat transparent. The ones we had for our dogs were not. Maybe it makes things a little easier for the animals that way to see peripherally.

Yes, great to see you here Cheri. We've missed you! Real life intrudes. Hope you and all are well! And yes...post some pictures of your animals. Would love to see them! xina
Tee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Linda...What happened to Bell? I looked through the thread and thought I missed something, but can't find anything. I hope he is doing well.

Linda wrote a post yesterday, xina (it's on page 1, about 9 posts down). I copied it, so it appears below.

Quote:
A Ranger update and a healing vibe/prayer request -

Our Pug, Bells, is at the vet with Pancreatitus and I'm worried about him. He's been in a couple of days and is still not eating. Tey have him on an IV. Please send prayers and/or healing Vibes for the little guy, he is such a sweetheart.

http://www.veterinarypetcare.com/dogpancreatitis.html

Ranger - he still tests positive for Lyme so they gave him another round of antibiotics and will test him again in Dec. However, he seems to feel great, is full of energy and eating well. The vet said that sometimes it takes a while to work the Lyme disease completely out of their system so he can very well test negative in Dec. He's such a big goofy boy! He's so playful but is also maturing into such a well behaved dog.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
A Ranger update and a healing vibe/prayer request -

Our Pug, Bells, is at the vet with Pancreatitus and I'm worried about him. He's been in a couple of days and is still not eating. Tey have him on an IV. Please send prayers and/or healing Vibes for the little guy, he is such a sweetheart.

http://www.veterinarypetcare.com/dogpancreatitis.html

Ranger - he still tests positive for Lyme so they gave him another round of antibiotics and will test him again in Dec. However, he seems to feel great, is full of energy and eating well. The vet said that sometimes it takes a while to work the Lyme disease completely out of their system so he can very well test negative in Dec. He's such a big goofy boy! He's so playful but is also maturing into such a well behaved dog.

Linda

Thank-you Tee for pointing me the way to Linda's post. Linda...I hope everything is fine now? Sorry, I didn't see your post yesterday. Poor guy. And Ranger...he's had a time of it. He sounds like he's acting like he feels good, so there is that. You say he's goofy. I can tell that from the pictures. What a sweetheart. Our sheltie is goofy too. He just tripped on a stair trying to get in front of me..of course running. Didn't care though, he just got up and kept running. Goofy...really goofy. Smile
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bell is home now, yay! The doctor said he'd let him go home on a trial run, provided I make sure he gets all his meds (7 of them) and eats absolutely no other food than this special diet he has him on. I promised and carted him home as fast as I could get him out of there. Smile

Xina, tripping on the stairs, so typical! LOL Sounds like something Ranger would do only he's afraid of stairs but he makes up for it by tripping over his own feet or yours, lol.

Linda
Tee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Sounds like something Ranger would do only he's afraid of stairs but he makes up for it by tripping over his own feet or yours, lol.

Have you tried leading Ranger on a leash down the stairs? We found with our Lab, when she's afraid of anything new (like shiny, slippery floors), if we put a leash on her and lead her slowly across it, she eventually gets the idea and does it on her own very carefully. Just a thought.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
Linda in sw va wrote:
Sounds like something Ranger would do only he's afraid of stairs but he makes up for it by tripping over his own feet or yours, lol.

Have you tried leading Ranger on a leash down the stairs? We found with our Lab, when she's afraid of anything new (like shiny, slippery floors), if we put a leash on her and lead her slowly across it, she eventually gets the idea and does it on her own very carefully. Just a thought.

Tee I have tried that but he's not having it, and if I try to force the issue he just puts the breaks on. It's not so bad though because most of our house is on one level, it's just the basement he's not able to visit. The cats go down there when they want to get away from him, haha.

Linda
LeeB.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the photos! Such cute dogs.
xina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Bell is home now, yay! The doctor said he'd let him go home on a trial run, provided I make sure he gets all his meds (7 of them) and eats absolutely no other food than this special diet he has him on. I promised and carted him home as fast as I could get him out of there. Smile

Xina, tripping on the stairs, so typical! LOL Sounds like something Ranger would do only he's afraid of stairs but he makes up for it by tripping over his own feet or yours, lol.

Linda

Good that Bell is home now. I understand why you wanted to get him home. How is he taking his meds? I hope he is doing well.

Ranger is afraid of stairs? I know some other dogs that are the same. My Beagle will not go down the basement stairs of my parent's house. I don't know why. He stays at the top while his buddy (the sheltie) runs down them at a break neck spead. He looks so sad at the top. Sometimes dogs just cannot break a habit. I've learned to just go with it.
Let us know about Bell!
Tee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
My Beagle will not go down the basement stairs of my parent's house. I don't know why. He stays at the top while his buddy (the sheltie) runs down them at a break neck spead. He looks so sad at the top. Sometimes dogs just cannot break a habit. I've learned to just go with it.

When we first got our Lab as a rescue, she was about 1 1/2 years old. She would not go down the basement stairs, no matter what we did. We would put treats on the landing and she'd go as far as that, then turn right around. But you could see how anxious she was to join my son, since he has a room down there. After about two weeks, we figured we had to do something; so I told him to just pick her up and take her down. She was so excited when she got there. Then she went up the stairs and back down several times until she appeared to be comfortable with it, and we've never had any problem since then. Who knows?
xina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
xina wrote:
My Beagle will not go down the basement stairs of my parent's house. I don't know why. He stays at the top while his buddy (the sheltie) runs down them at a break neck spead. He looks so sad at the top. Sometimes dogs just cannot break a habit. I've learned to just go with it.

When we first got our Lab as a rescue, she was about 1 1/2 years old. She would not go down the basement stairs, no matter what we did. We would put treats on the landing and she'd go as far as that, then turn right around. But you could see how anxious she was to join my son, since he has a room down there. After about two weeks, we figured we had to do something; so I told him to just pick her up and take her down. She was so excited when she got there. Then she went up the stairs and back down several times until she appeared to be comfortable with it, and we've never had any problem since then. Who knows?

Ah, you never know what goes on in a dog's head. Our Beagle is stubborn...to the extreme, which is very common to this breed. I think if we tried to carry him down those steps (he is not afraid of other steps) he'd probably have a panic attack. As for your dog Tee, he may have had a bad experience and just couldn't move beyond that point. It is good that she could overcome her fear.
Oh..and I see I misspelled speed in my post. I actually do know how to spell that word. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14

Jump to: