AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Books that are pretty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: A Matter of Taste Reply with quote

[quote="Gail K."]
Oops, I meant to post these a while ago. I agree with your picks, willaful!

[img]

Here's where individual taste comes in. I didn't particularly care for the cover of Private Arrangements because I didn't find the woman all that attractive. The layout was fine, but Gigi is supposed to be so very beautiful, and to me this woman just ... wasn't. I know a lot of people hate the pictures cropped at the neck or where the H/H is shown only from the back, but I think we see so many of those for precisely this reason.

OTOH, I thought the actress on the cover of Julia Quinn's The Lost Duke of Wyndham was quite lovely.
misty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few that I've seen recently

Last edited by misty on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Yulie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: A Matter of Taste Reply with quote

Susan/DC wrote:
OTOH, I thought the actress on the cover of Julia Quinn's The Lost Duke of Wyndham was quite lovely.

I thought she was very pretty but too contemporary-looking for a historical. I understand the model acts on one of the daytime soaps - I'm surprised she had the time for a book cover shoot, having to memorize so many pages of script and shot an episode on a daily basis must be insane!

Personally, I'm another reader who liked the PA cover. It stood out, and I loved the color scheme, though I agree this was not how I'd pictured Gigi. The cover for Delicious was nice but seemed pretty disconnected from the book itself.

Two authors whose books have pretty covers, IMO, are Jennifer Donnelly (though she doesn't have that many books in print) and Liz Carlyle. The cover for Donnelly's The Tea Rose is just beautiful. I also like some of the Eva Ibbotson re-issues, especially A Company of Swans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: