AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Books that are pretty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gail K.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go, Tafka.

Posting images is pretty easy. If I can learn how to do it, anybody can, trust me Wink

Tee gave instructions for a probably more straightforward method of posting pictures earlier in this thread. What I find that is working for me is to download images that I like from amazon.com, etc. (right-click, "save picture as" or some images have a disk=save icon in the upper left) directly onto my desktop in jpg format. Then, I upload the images again onto a free photo-sharing account such as www.photobucket.com (making sure to select the size I want to upload under "options.") Finally, when in the "reply" mode for this message board, I then copy/paste (highlight-select with your mouse or control-C, control-V) the IMG codes for the pictures I want to display, in the order I want them displayed. The IMG code is the fourth thing listed under every picture in your photobucket album. Back in the reply mode you can hit the space bar between your pasted IMG codes to try to do some picture-arrangin'. Once you get the hang of this, all it takes is maybe 5 minutes between when you spot a picture on a website you'd like to "borrow" to posting on this message board!

Hope I made sense above Cool Feel free to ask questions if you get stuck and I'm sure I or another member can help out. I want more people to be posting pictures of fantastic book covers rather than just me getting carried away...

-Gail

edited to say that it was Tee and not Sandlynn who gave the previous instructions...Sandlynn has also been so helpful on other technical issues that I just assumed it was her Smile

Last edited by Gail K. on Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:27 pm; edited 6 times in total
tafka

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gail K. wrote:
Posting images is pretty easy. If I can learn how to do it, anybody can, trust me Wink

Sandlynn gave instructions for a probably more straightforward method of posting pictures earlier in this thread. What I find that is working for me is to download images that I like from amazon.com, etc. (right-click, "save picture as" or some images have a disk=save icon in the upper left) directly onto my desktop in jpg format. Then, I upload the images again onto a free photo-sharing account such as www.photobucket.com (making sure to select the size I want to upload under "options.") Finally, when in the "reply" mode for this message board, I then copy/past (control-C, control-V) the IMG codes for the pictures I want to display, in the order I want them displayed. The IMG code is the third thing listed under every picture in your photobucket album. Back in the reply mode you can hit the space bar between your pasted IMG codes to try to do some picture-arrangin'. Once you get the hang of this, all it takes is maybe 5 minutes between when you spot an picture on a website you'd like to "borrow" to posting on this message board!

Hope I made sense above Cool Feel free to ask questions if you get stuck and I'm sure I or another member can help out. I want more people to be posting pictures of fantastic book covers rather than just me getting carried away...

-Gail

Uh...I think you lost me at "right-click". LOL

Seriously, thanks for posting the book covers and giving very detailed instructions. I will give it a whirl next time.
xina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved The Thirteenth Tale and the book cover! Another lovely cover... haven't read Susan Kay Law's JUST SEX but I love the cover.... I am a coat girl (live in Minnesota, so I have to be, and am a shoe lover... and....okay, a bag girl too...) love the cover..haven't read the book yet...but have it on my TBR pile of books. Someone...post the cover. it is lovely. thanks. from the bottom of my heart. Laughing
Gail K.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go, xina. I am an enabler Surprised

Gail K.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tafka wrote:

Uh...I think you lost me at "right-click". LOL

Seriously, thanks for posting the book covers and giving very detailed instructions. I will give it a whirl next time.

LOL, you're very welcome, Tafka. Your homework for this week is to learn how to post photos! If you have a computer-savvy relative or friend handy, just ask them to walk you through a demo.

-Gail
xina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...thanks Gail K. you're a doll!! Pretty coat and shoes and bag. Hey...I'll have to read the book and stop admiring the pretty cover!!! thanks for posting it!!! Very Happy
Gail K.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Ah...thanks Gail K. you're a doll!! Pretty coat and shoes and bag. Hey...I'll have to read the book and stop admiring the pretty cover!!! thanks for posting it!!! Very Happy

No problem, xina! Okay, you're assigned homework too. Think how much more visual and fun these message board "conversations" could be if we could all insert photos at will?

Anyway, the Just Sex book sounds good. I thought Susan Kay Law wrote westerns but I guess she is branching out into contemps. Thank you for helping me spend even more money at the computer this wknd Wink

-Gail
xina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, the Just Sex book sounds good. I thought Susan Kay Law wrote westerns but I guess she is branching out into contemps. Thank you for helping me spend even more money at the computer this wknd Wink

-Gail[/quote]

My pleasure Gail! I think this book is more Women's Fiction than romance. She is branching out a bit and although I love her westerns I admire her for trying something new. Haven't read it yet, but I think she is a talented writer and have read some positive reviews for this book. I'll send out a post when I've read it. I love to see my favorite writers trying something new and different.
xina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tess"]I like the covers that look like paintings. I even prefer when the couple depicted on the cover are beautiful paintings like portraits, not real people.

I especially like Gaelen Foley's british covers, I will try to paste them below. I hope this works:

I love this cover...and it was also used in Linda Berdoll's, Mr. Darcy Takes A Wife and also on the back cover of Moon Rising by Ann Victoria Roberts. I really enjoyed both books.

Love, love this cover too. It was also used on, Seduction Of Sarah by Cynthia Clements. Couldn't get into the book but lovely cover nonethless.
I loved this cover so much. It was one of my favorites from last year.
Gail K.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't forget my other book love, Sci-fi/Fantasy...

peajay

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the ones based on paintings too. By far my favorites are those historical romances with exactly accurate costume, hairstyles and makeup. A sample is Susan Carroll's 1st in the Faire Isles trilogy, The Dark Queen.

Pamela/Alabama
Nana

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Books that are pretty Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
I've also kept a book I really didn't care
for because I loved the cover so much that I couldn't bear to part with it.

Linda

I never did this with covers but I definitely did it with stepbacks. In my first apartment after college, I had an entire wall covered in stepbacks I cut out of books and matted on notebook-sized paper from the dollar store. Some of them were because I loved them (several Patricia Potter stepbacks are just gorgeous) and some of them were because they were too funny, but it was definitely the best conversation piece in the place.
MrsFairfax

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started Jade Tiger by Jenn Reese, which looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. The cover's pretty, too -

Gail K.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a challenge for everyone. As you can probably tell, my eye is rarely drawn to cartoony style chick lit covers or the stock images often found on the front of series/category romances. Can you find book examples from one of these types that scream "buy me!"

-Gail
sula

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gail K. wrote:
Tee gave instructions for a probably more straightforward method of posting pictures earlier in this thread. What I find that is working for me is to download images that I like from amazon.com, etc. (right-click, "save picture as" or some images have a disk=save icon in the upper left) directly onto my desktop in jpg format. Then, I upload the images again onto a free photo-sharing account such as www.photobucket.com (making sure to select the size I want to upload under "options.") Finally, when in the "reply" mode for this message board, I then copy/paste (highlight-select with your mouse or control-C, control-V) the IMG codes for the pictures I want to display, in the order I want them displayed. The IMG code is the third thing listed under every picture in your photobucket album. Back in the reply mode you can hit the space bar between your pasted IMG codes to try to do some picture-arrangin'. Once you get the hang of this, all it takes is maybe 5 minutes between when you spot a picture on a website you'd like to "borrow" to posting on this message board! [/b]

Actually, if you are using photobucket, I can cut out a few of those steps for you. When you find a picture you like, right-click on it, choose properties and select the address (usually ends in .jpg) and hit ALT+S to save. In photobucket, there are four tabs where you upload. The one it automatically selects is "images from my PC", but if you look directly to the right, the third option is "web url". Click on that and then you can dump the address directly into photobucket and it will automatically upload the picture to your account directly from the website, without you having to save it to your computer first. How cool is that??? Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: