AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Books that are pretty
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tafka

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate the clinch covers. Hate the beefcake. It's usually eyeroll inducing and ridiculous, IMO. Give me a countryside scene, or a single female in period dress, like some of the covers posted here, or even flowers. I'd take something fun (ie. Match Me If You Can), or maybe something abstract... in pretty colors, of course. Smile

Just my take on the subject.
ladynaava

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoirFemme wrote:
I like pretty books like the Liz Carlyle covers. I'm one who likes clinch covers on historicals, but when they're beautifully and tastefully done. Sometimes Avon can go overboard: .

Ooh! Pretty. I like 'em bothI grew up on clinch covers so I am immune to embarrassment when it comes to them. The covers that seem strange to me are the tacky Ellora's cave one done in poser. then again, I care very little about what the kids at the bookstore think.

The other covers I can't fathom are the one in which the heroines legs are all thats showing on the cover in a sexy pose. I have no desire to look at womens legs. It seems a strange way to advertise a book.

N
Tess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the covers that look like paintings. I even prefer when the couple depicted on the cover are beautiful paintings like portraits, not real people.

I especially like Gaelen Foley's british covers, I will try to paste them below. I hope this works:

Gail K.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not romances, but two more books that caught my eye during a trip to the bookstore today...Their content sounds quite interesting, too.

Last edited by Gail K. on Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Tiffany S.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the Christiana Dodd's Princess series covers. They were of wonderful texured fabrics. Nicole Jordan had some beautiful covers with satin bed linens. I think I might have a fabric fetish. Wink

bamagirl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, wow! Thanks Tess. I love all the British covers of Gaelen Foley's...and thanks for the directions too. I'm going to experiment right now.
Gail K. - the cover My Name is Iran is beautiful. I would read that book simply because of the cover. I know that's silly, but that's what I'm a sucker for. Wink
Gail K.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to romance covers...

Gail K.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like portraits of inanimate objects.

Gail K.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And some sexy contemporaries...

OK, I better stop as my summer book budget is in grave danger of going bust! Thanks to LLB for the bandwidth Razz

-Gail
xina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for sexy....I think that Viva Anna's cover...BLOOD SECRETS is verrry sexy. I am reading the book because of the cover...and I don't read paranormal very often. Also, love Nicola Cornick's covers. My favorite is WAYWARD WIDOW. I love her hair and her back. They look like a couple from this period in history. (Looks a bit like a vampire book, but it's not. He's kissing her neck...or just about to)
I would attempt to post the pics...but don't know how and have been to dinner with friends with a couple glasses of wine in me. Wink So, if anyone would like to post the covers....I would love you forever!!
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
As for sexy....I think that Viva Anna's cover...BLOOD SECRETS is verrry sexy. I am reading the book because of the cover...and I don't read paranormal very often. Also, love Nicola Cornick's covers. My favorite is WAYWARD WIDOW. I love her hair and her back. They look like a couple from this period in history. (Looks a bit like a vampire book, but it's not. He's kissing her neck...or just about to)
I would attempt to post the pics...but don't know how and have been to dinner with friends with a couple glasses of wine in me. Wink So, if anyone would like to post the covers....I would love you forever!!

Love me forever? Does that involve jewels and expensive liquor?

xina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much Sandlynn!!! Yes....of course it includes extravagant liquour and outstanding jewelry!! Just send me your address! Thanks so much for the lovely pictures and I do love you forever.... Smile ...and ever.
Gail K.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't resist sharing one more....

Last edited by Gail K. on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
nikki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking at these beautiful covers reinforces just how ugly covers can get. i absolutely ABHOR those covers with the computer generated people on them. the people always look really warped.

my blog (do not click if you're easily offended)
tafka

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gail K. wrote:
Can't resist sharing one more....

Ooh, very pretty. Your picture of the Susan May Warren book above reminds me why I like the US and UK hardback covers of The Thirteenth Tale.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/s/diane-setterfield/thirteenth-tale.htm

I don't know how to post pictures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: