AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our wonderful pets--let's share...
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Our wonderful pets--let's share... Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Linda, Your pug is a sweetie! I have to laugh about your poor couch. Our Beagle ruined a couch when he was puppy. Peed on it when he got the chance and by the time we blocked the room off from him, it was too late. Had to toss the thing.

Tee, Great pictures. Love the one lounging by the window.

Beth, What a lovely dog!

Claire, happy birthday to your cat!

FriendlyFace, Your dogs are outstanding. Always love seeing pics of them.

http://i412.photobucket.com/albums/pp207/jasperriley/045-2.jpg

Okay, Lea, as you asked in the former pet thread, and since many of us really enjoy this, I'll begin a new thread and start it off with xina's most recent post where she included a really great photo of her two dogs looking out the window. (How, in heaven's name, do you keep your windows so clean, xina? Laughing) That was a really cute shot.

My daughter and her husband left our house this morning to return home following a brief getaway (do they even call it a honeymoon any more?) after their wedding last week. Of course, they took their two dogs and cat home with them. The place is really quiet today. Can't believe I'm missing them that much.
Lea AAR

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tee!

We are closing the Shopping for a New German Shepherd thread due to its length. You can still access the thread in its entirety - it's only closed to new comments.

Lea

Audiobooks Bookshelf at Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4403718
xina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Our wonderful pets--let's share... Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
[

Okay, Lea, as you asked in the former pet thread, and since many of us really enjoy this, I'll begin a new thread and start it off with xina's most recent post where she included a really great photo of her two dogs looking out the window. (How, in heaven's name, do you keep your windows so clean, xina? Laughing) That was a really cute shot.

My daughter and her husband left our house this morning to return home following a brief getaway (do they even call it a honeymoon any more?) after their wedding last week. Of course, they took their two dogs and cat home with them. The place is really quiet today. Can't believe I'm missing them that much.

They aren't clean on the outside Tee. Once a summer I use that Windex sprayer thing on them. They are too high up for a ladder and I don't want to pay someone $$$$ to do it.
I don't blame you for missing them. I would too. At least you have your lab to keep you company.
Tee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I couldn't resist. One more photo and I'll stay away from Photobucket for a while. An explanation first. Our dog has this funny way of laying, stretching out all four of her paws toward the front of her body, then she wraps her tail in there somehow. Sometimes when we see her that way, we'll count all her paws so near her face. It's almost as though she's tryng to protect her entire body from something. Before we got her, she did run loose in the fields where she lived and often spent nights there. It's possble, that was a defense mechanism for her from predators in the night. Who knows?

Anyway, there are only three paws showing here, but I thought I'd show it just the same. Last photo, guys. Now, Linda, we need to see an update of Ranger.

Gypsy Rose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrific pictures - I love dogs!! I have a golden retriever named Jake and he is my baby. Always getting into trouble and then giving me that innocent look. I took him to the groomers on Saturday and he looked so nice and clean and smelled so good I just wanted to bury my nose in is fur!! Went to dinner with the family and when I got home he was covered in mud. Shocked He has a thing for water and loves to splash through the big drinking bowels we keep in the backyard for the dogs. This time he decided to tip both bowels over and then he must have taken a nap in the mud.

Mommy was not a happy girl. Confused So I had to take him out to the hose and give him a second bath. Good thing I've had him shaved for the summer.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tee wrote:
Okay, I couldn't resist. One more photo and I'll stay away from Photobucket for a while. An explanation first. Our dog has this funny way of laying, stretching out all four of her paws toward the front of her body, then she wraps her tail in there somehow. Sometimes when we see her that way, we'll count all her paws so near her face. It's almost as though she's tryng to protect her entire body from something. Before we got her, she did run loose in the fields where she lived and often spent nights there. It's possble, that was a defense mechanism for her from predators in the night. Who knows?

Anyway, there are only three paws showing here, but I thought I'd show it just the same. Last photo, guys. Now, Linda, we need to see an update of Ranger.

OMG Tee, that is such an adorable picture! Look at those feet up by her head, lmao! CUTE CUTE CUTE!

Gypsy Rose, you've got to post a photo. Smile

Linda
ps - I'll try to get an update of Ranger, though I don't think he's changed a lot.
FriendlyFace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, Tee, great pic!

Bev
xina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it Tee! My dogs do that too, but they are little. I guess dogs of all sizes like to curl up and snooze.
Natalie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a an almost 1 year old English Springer Spaniel. He's got a lot of fur now and children and women adore him Smile
Tee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures, Natalie--we want pictures! Laughing
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Ranger update. Tee, you asked me for a recent picture of him saying that you were sure he's changed by now, filled out, etc. I answered that he hasn't changed much, today I found out there's a reason for that. He's appetite hasn't been good and he's been limping on and off, we took him to the vet today and they said he had Lyme disease. I'm religious with the Frontline for fleas and ticks, the vet said he could have had it when we got him, he's always been very skinny. Right now he weighs about 80lbs, the vet said for a full grown male of his height that's way too low.

So now I have a boatload of meds to give him and hopefully we can get this under control. Not eating and becoming easily injured are signs of Lyme disease in animals, I never knew this.

Please wish him well! He's stolen all our hearts and we want him around a long time to come.

Linda
Natalie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, but I'm too lazy to convert all of them Smile

That's Luke at 10 weeks - first day we got him (last October):

Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natalie wrote:
Ok, but I'm too lazy to convert all of them Smile

That's Luke at 10 weeks - first day we got him (last October):

Absolutely adorable!

Linda
Claire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda.. I'm so sorry to hear about Ranger. Who would have thought he would have had Lyme disease after you've been giving him the Frontline. I'm glad there is something you can do to treat him. I'm sending some get well vibes to Ranger- @@@@@get well soon little man.

Natalie... your puppy is adorable! I love puppy faces!
Tee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natalie, Luke is beautiful--no wonder you (and others) love him at first sight.

Linda, I am so sorry to hear this about Ranger. Is the prognosis good, though, at this point? Keep doing what they tell you to do and get him stronger. Keep us updated. I'll even sneak in a "pet prayer" for him--why not?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: