AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loving A Lost Lord - new historical by Mary Jo Putney
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Natalie

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:18 pm    Post subject: Loving A Lost Lord - new historical by Mary Jo Putney Reply with quote

Cover and description is up on Amazon.
And here's an info on Mary Jo's website.

I'm trying not to get too excited as I hate disappointment.

I'm not sure how I feel about amnesia, pretending to be someone's wife and a Big Misunderstanding that's surely coming along when the hero regains his memory. Even in MJP's Uncommon Vows, one of my all-time favorites, I did have to make an effort of suspending disbelief with the double amnesia stuff.
LeeB.

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'll take amnesia over a paranormal story. I like MJP's historicals. Very Happy
Natalie

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeB. wrote:
Well, I'll take amnesia over a paranormal story. I like MJP's historicals. Very Happy

I like MJP's fantasy books. But I think think historicals are her true forte Smile
xina

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, I find that title funny. Very Happy I do love Putney's historicals though, and am looking forward to it.
Danielle D

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
For some reason, I find that title funny. Very Happy I do love Putney's historicals though, and am looking forward to it.

I can't wait to read her new book.

Xina, I thought the title was funny also.

So many books, so little time

http://www.myspace.com/danielle_de
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/DanniD?ref=profile
http://www.shelfari.com/dani807

Now a Lady of Leisure
Mingqi

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally excited for it! I just realized the other day the MJP hasn't written a regular historical in so long. I'm a bit of a sucker for the amnesia plot as long as it doesn't get too angsty.
xina

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle D wrote:
xina wrote:

I can't wait to read her new book.

Xina, I thought the title was funny also.

Very Happy Very Happy It begs the question....Why can't a man ask for directions??
Magnolia88

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am no fan of amnesia plots at all, but I like MJP enough to give this one a chance. I'm excited that she's doing a straight historical again.
Claire

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm barging in here to say that I think I'm about to go on a MJP glom. I'm reading my first MJP book, Thunder and Roses and I'm really enjoying it. I saw in the "If you like "this author" you'll like "that author" part of the website that if you like Lisa Kleypas, you'll like MJP so I started looking for the top rated books as decided by readers and found Thunder and Roses first. So I started reading it, then I was at the ubs today and lo and behold I found the number 1 reader rated book Shattered Rainbows so I started reading it then realized the couple from T&R was in SR which I think I'm going to love and I started getting really excited! I love it when I find an author that works for me. I think I'm going to love SR more so I'm having to pace myself to read T&R first. It's interesting reading how you all in this thread are looking forward to her newest. I can see why.
Magnolia88

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claire wrote:
I'm barging in here to say that I think I'm about to go on a MJP glom. I'm reading my first MJP book, Thunder and Roses and I'm really enjoying it.

You probably already know this, but THUNDER AND ROSES is the first book in the Fallen Angels series, which includes seven books in all (Shattered Rainbows being one of them).

They are all very good, and I highly recommend reading all of them, and in order if you can -- the plots are pretty much standalone, but the stories do happen in somewhat chronological order and the characters show up in each other's books. It will definitely help to read Thunder before Rainbows, because Michael's story is told in both books and he carries a lot of guilt from what happens in Thunder (as well he should).

Thunder and Roses
Petals in the Storm
Dancing on the Wind
Angel Rogue
Shattered Rainbows
River of Fire
One Perfect Rose
Natalie

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Claire wrote:
I'm barging in here to say that I think I'm about to go on a MJP glom. I'm reading my first MJP book, Thunder and Roses and I'm really enjoying it. I saw in the "If you like "this author" you'll like "that author" part of the website that if you like Lisa Kleypas, you'll like MJP so I started looking for the top rated books as decided by readers and found Thunder and Roses first. So I started reading it, then I was at the ubs today and lo and behold I found the number 1 reader rated book Shattered Rainbows so I started reading it then realized the couple from T&R was in SR which I think I'm going to love and I started getting really excited! I love it when I find an author that works for me. I think I'm going to love SR more so I'm having to pace myself to read T&R first. It's interesting reading how you all in this thread are looking forward to her newest. I can see why.

Oh, you're in for a treat! All MJP's historicals are solid (with the exception of a couple of earlier ones - stay away from Dearly Beloved if you can). I love all Fallen Angels books, with Angel Rogue and Shattered Rainbows being my absolute favorites. And don't overlook her only medieval, Uncommon Vows.
Natalie

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Mary Jo, the original title was Know by Heart... it seems she liked it better Rolling Eyes
Mingqi

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natalie wrote:
According to Mary Jo, the original title was Know by Heart... it seems she liked it better Rolling Eyes

noooooo, i wish it really was Know By Heart. I'm really tired of alliteration titles...like Hoyt's Four Soldiers series (love the books, but hate the titles..to taste temptation, to seduce a sinner, to beguile a beast) and Lisa Kleypas' Hathaway series (Mine til midnight, seduce at sunrise, and her next one, tempt me at twilight...love her books but her title-ing skills are horrible). I'm not saying these titles out loud and i'm already feeling like i've been saying peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers for a while.
Claire

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnolia88 wrote:
Claire wrote:
I'm barging in here to say that I think I'm about to go on a MJP glom. I'm reading my first MJP book, Thunder and Roses and I'm really enjoying it.

You probably already know this, but THUNDER AND ROSES is the first book in the Fallen Angels series, which includes seven books in all (Shattered Rainbows being one of them).

They are all very good, and I highly recommend reading all of them, and in order if you can -- the plots are pretty much standalone, but the stories do happen in somewhat chronological order and the characters show up in each other's books. It will definitely help to read Thunder before Rainbows, because Michael's story is told in both books and he carries a lot of guilt from what happens in Thunder (as well he should).

Thunder and Roses
Petals in the Storm
Dancing on the Wind
Angel Rogue
Shattered Rainbows
River of Fire
One Perfect Rose

I should have realized this was series with all the info on the other 3 men. It's good to know so now I'm paying extra attention to their characteristics.
I've read a few series out of order (Brockmann and Kleypas) and wish I hadn't so I'm going to try and find these others to read before SR. I've just passed the part where Michael for some reason he doesn't explain challenges Nicholas to a duel and they fight with whips. I was wondering how they were going to resolve that. I wish he had said why he was so po'ed but now I am definitely curious to find out. They think he is mad as in crazy. I'm interested in Rafe and Lucien too. Lucien is described as one of the ones who is cold and formal. I can't wait to read his book!
cheri

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read T&R a couple months ago. And just last week saw SR at a garage sale, so I picked it up remembering some posting about it. It's sitting in mt TBR pile. Smile cheri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: