AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPod/iTunes help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jane G

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: iPod/iTunes help Reply with quote

Today, my iPod nano randomly froze while it was playing music. Suddenly, it just stopped, midsong, and the screen froze (I still had half a battery left). I couldn't turn it off, so I tried plugging it into my computer-- iTunes didn't recongize it. I reset it, and followed the steps to restore it to factory settings. But then a message comes up, that I can't restore it because "the iPod is busy." I can't find any trouble shooting that addresses this message, and anything I can find doesn't help (I've tried restarting my computer, ejecting and reconnecting the iPod, waiting for a while, etc.).

I really don't want to pay $80 to get it fixed, which is what it will probably cost, according to the apple website. Has this happened to anyone else? How do I fix it?
xina

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: iPod/iTunes help Reply with quote

Jane G wrote:
Today, my iPod nano randomly froze while it was playing music. Suddenly, it just stopped, midsong, and the screen froze (I still had half a battery left). I couldn't turn it off, so I tried plugging it into my computer-- iTunes didn't recongize it. I reset it, and followed the steps to restore it to factory settings. But then a message comes up, that I can't restore it because "the iPod is busy." I can't find any trouble shooting that addresses this message, and anything I can find doesn't help (I've tried restarting my computer, ejecting and reconnecting the iPod, waiting for a while, etc.).

I really don't want to pay $80 to get it fixed, which is what it will probably cost, according to the apple website. Has this happened to anyone else? How do I fix it?

I had a similar problem last year. I had my iPod nano for about a year, and I can't remember details, but it froze as well. We ended up sending it back, and they sent a replacement. As I remember this had been a problem with many people...the same thing. I got the new one, but after waiting 6 weeks or so, I had purchased a Samsung. My husband ended up selling the iPod to one of his coworkers. I'll not go back to it again. I got used to the Samsung and am happy with it.
Beth W

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an iPod classic (80g). When something similar to me happened, I just let the battery run completely down (took a few hours), and then was able to plug it into the computer and it recharged and worked just fine. Don't know if that would help for you, but maybe you could try!
Sandlynn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: iPod/iTunes help Reply with quote

Jane G wrote:

Have you stopped by one of their stores and see if an "associate can" help you out with it?
Jane G

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it suddenly worked today. Thanks for the suggestions, though-- I've heard the "just let the battery die" from a few people, so I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: