AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sorry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leigh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Sorry Reply with quote

I know I probably hogging the board, bombarding everyone with posts. Christmas is just a difficult time of year for me.

I promise, I will be back to normal after the holiday's have passed.
jebe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, Leigh it doesn't feel like you're hogging the boards. But if posting makes you feel better/connected and less sad/stressed or whatever it is you're going thru, then I'm all for it, baby! Even though we may not be able to pick each other out of a line up Wink , we're a community, ya know? So, post away!!!
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leigh, I think we all enjoy seeing the boards active, so thanks!
xina

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leigh, Where did your post go about thanking authors??? I just logged on to read what people have said. Did it disappear, or is it right in front of me and I'm not seeing it????
As for Christmas...it is always stressful for me, but my daughter loves it with all her heart....so, I'm lifted up by her...enthusiasm! I wish I could send you some of it. It's a real mood booster. Have a happy one Leigh! Smile
Leigh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Leigh, Where did your post go about thanking authors??? I just logged on to read what people have said. Did it disappear, or is it right in front of me and I'm not seeing it????
As for Christmas...it is always stressful for me, but my daughter loves it with all her heart....so, I'm lifted up by her...enthusiasm! I wish I could send you some of it. It's a real mood booster. Have a happy one Leigh! Smile

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Xina, I deleted the post. No one had made a comment, and I did feel like I was going overboard<g>.

Kids do make Christmas don't they. I love being around them and their excitement. I hope everyone has a good Christmas.
redcomet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leigh I love seeing active boards and you are certainly not hogging them. Please keep them coming. Happy holidays, i know they are stressful. Sending warm thoughts your way today was 80 degrees yahhhh
cheri

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love seeing people post and I certainly didn't feel like you were /are hogging the post. I was just thinking it would be nice to post all my friends at AAR a very Merry Christmas. And Leigh, I hope you get through your rough spot. I truly care for all you posters because these books and this community of posters have been an active part of my life for years now and I would miss it and all of you if it wasn't in my life. cheri
Diana

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leigh, it never occurred to me that you're posting too much. In fact I've enjoyed reading your posts especially on the DoN thread.

By all means, stay connected! We are a community of pretty nice people IMO.
LeeB.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redcomet wrote:
Leigh I love seeing active boards and you are certainly not hogging them.

I agree with RedComet!

Take care Leigh!
Leigh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for your reassurance and wishes.

Christmas is rough for me and it is difficult to put on a happy face around people, so I tend to isolate (I know not healthy-but it such work trying to act happy) so I use the internet for connection.

Once Christmas is over then I will be fine. Again, thanks everyone.

P.S. I work in a children's hospital, & I worked today. Be sure and hug your child/children. It was a very sad day for one of our families.
Kass

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a good Yule. I know what you mean. This year, Christmas feels like just another damned day to me, especially since I had to work on it and the weather's been so bloody awful.

My blog: http://www.thoughts.com/allergywoman/blog
http://www.shelfari.com/o1517440994
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leigh, sounds like Christmas is rough for you, especially with today's
very sad day for one family. I hope you find some cheer this holiday season, even if it is just losing yourself in the pages of a good book. I think many had a much more somber, quiet holiday. I look forward to a better 2009!

Regarding the posting, I have been so THANKFUL for it. You've really brought life back to the boards. I hope to see many, many more posts from you in future!

Keep 'em coming!

maggie b.
Leigh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kass wrote:
Have a good Yule. I know what you mean. This year, Christmas feels like just another damned day to me, especially since I had to work on it and the weather's been so bloody awful.

Yeah, it just another day, when in the past it was such a big deal. Hard to get use to the difference.

Are you in the states? If so where.

My neighbor (best her heart<g>) is taking her grandkids (ages 8 & 12) on the train from Arkansas to NYC. It is supposedly going to take her 36 hours and that is without weather problems. Her daughter told her that was the only way that the boys could go with her (but today, the daughter said, I didn't say you had to take the train Rolling Eyes )
Leigh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="maggie b."]Leigh, sounds like Christmas is rough for you, especially with today's very sad day for one family.

It wasn't even my patient, but for some reason a death seems so much more difficult on the holidays. I guess because I had a death around Christmas, that changed my family dynamics.

A young co worker's sister died a couple of years ago, and I was one the nurses that took care of her. The co-worker always wanted to work at this hospital even though her sister died there, so today, she scheduled herself to work so she would get it over with and face being in the hospital on Christmas.

I guess what I am trying to say is that for many whether it is a death in a family, divorce, lost of job, etc. Christmas can be difficult. I know I am not unique.

I hope you find some cheer this holiday season, even if it is just losing yourself in the pages of a good book.

Thanks, I will be fine after today. I am good with New Years Day. (I guess if I was trying to be cool, I would say, I am down with New Years Day<g>. Who ever started down as a synonym for good?

I think many had a much more somber, quiet holiday. I look forward to a better 2009!

Oh, I hope so. I just saw a picture of some our men & woman in uniform on AOL. You know that has got to be so difficult too.

Regarding the posting, I have been so THANKFUL for it. You've really brought life back to the boards. I hope to see many, many more posts from you in future!

LOL, You mean Suzanne Brockmann brought life back to the boards Rolling Eyes

]
Kass

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you in the states? If so where.

I'm so lucky. I live in the state with the most corrupt governor in the world (at least until the others get found out): Illinois.

My blog: http://www.thoughts.com/allergywoman/blog
http://www.shelfari.com/o1517440994
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: