AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twilight Movie
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niftybergin wrote:
Linda in sw va wrote:
I was just reading that the sequel will be out on Nov 20th. Same actor to play Jacob - honestly I was disappointed in his 'look' compared to how I picture Jacob

His teeth were too white. Seriously. It bugged me.

I don't know if this is the case with him but I've noticed a lot of people are getting carried away with tooth whiteners. A girl came into my work the other day and her teeth were so white I had to force myself not to stare at them when she was speaking to me, it looked so unnatural. Otherwise she was a beautiful girl. Maybe she left the strips on too long or something...

Linda
Jane G

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Have you seen the "Friends" episode where Ross does that? His teeth glow under a black light. It's really funny. :)

Personally, it was Jacob's hair that bothered me. I'm hoping they'll change that when New Moon comes around. I'm holding out judgement to see if Taylor Lautner can carry the role... I'm hoping he can, because he seems like a really nice guy. But he's 16 years old, and he looks it. I get that he's bulking up, but muscle can't completely hide the fact that he doesn't look older than Bella or Edward. Rob Pattinson IS 6 years older than Taylor, but Jacob is supposed to look almost 10 years older than Edward in NM.
Skrabs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Now I'll spend the whole next movies looking at his teeth and thinking of you Niftybergin! Very Happy
Niftybergin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrabs wrote:
Great. Now I'll spend the whole next movies looking at his teeth and thinking of you Niftybergin! Very Happy

Ha! I'm just here to help. Very Happy (Cue the appropriate, white-toothed emoticon.)
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see now that Twilight will come out on DVD on March 31st, I've already put in my pre-order at Amazon. :)

Linda
Caro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify about my long-ago post in this thread. I didn't mean to imply that thirty-year-old or fifty-year-old women (or men!) shouldn't enjoy Twilight. To each his or her own! While watching the film, I merely recognized characters and themes which would resonate (particularly, but not exclusively) with twelve-year-old girls.
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
I see now that Twilight will come out on DVD on March 31st, I've already put in my pre-order at Amazon. :)

Linda

Oh, sob. Crying or Very sad The wait! It feels so long. But yes, as of March 31 it will be mine! Min e! (cue manic laughter)

My Twilight books have been on loan at least half a dozen time. I wonder if I will have to buy two copies of the movie so I can lend that out too. Hmmmm. . . . .

maggie b.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, my daughter and I actually have our own copies because we don't like to share, lol. You're very generous to loan yours out!

Linda
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Maggie, my daughter and I actually have our own copies because we don't like to share, lol. You're very generous to loan yours out!

Linda

I think I am too. Laughing I didn't want to lend them out but everyone at work knew I had them and kept asking for them, now I am at the point where roommates of people I work with want the books. I did find a mom at my son's school who didn't like the books (weirdo) and said I could have her copies. I'm so excited! That way I can keep one set safely at home with me at all times.

So, did you hear that Vanessa Hudgens is possible for Leah? People reported she was up for it but word on the net is she's not. I'm hoping for the "not". That is not who I pictured as Leah!

maggie b.
Jane G

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Apparently her rep denied it. Thank God. I'm not a Vanessa Hudgens fan.

However, I've ALSO heard rumors that Leah isn't even in the movie. The writer allegedly responded to the Vanessa Hudgens rumors by saying that if she auditioned for Leah, she didn't know how, because whatever scene she used, she didn't write.

I'm pretty sure this isn't true, though, because I've also seen copies of the casting call for New Moon, and Leah is listed.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggie b. wrote:
I didn't want to lend them out but everyone at work knew I had them and kept asking for them, now I am at the point where roommates of people I work with want the books. I did find a mom at my son's school who didn't like the books (weirdo) and said I could have her copies. I'm so excited! That way I can keep one set safely at home with me at all times.

So, did you hear that Vanessa Hudgens is possible for Leah? People reported she was up for it but word on the net is she's not. I'm hoping for the "not". That is not who I pictured as Leah!

maggie b.

Wow, she just gave them to you! I was listening to morning radio this morning and one of the hosts was in the middle of reading the series and she was raving on about how good it was. There are new readers out there discovering the series still, I think the movie brought a lot more attention to it.

Is Vanessa Hudgens from High School Musical? I confess I've never seen any of those...

Linda
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

Is Vanessa Hudgens from High School Musical? I confess I've never seen any of those...

Linda

Yes, she's the very pretty, bubbly lead. I like the HSM movies, I like Vanessa. I don't like Vanessa for Leah, though. I picture Leah stronger.

maggie b.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: