AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Halloween Reads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kass

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Good Halloween Reads Reply with quote

I love Halloween. It's one of my favorite holidays. I've found very few books, however, that make me feel like they're really set at Halloween time. One of them was a small Harlequin or Silhouette type romance that was okay on character and plot, but got Halloween down so well I wish I could remember who wrote it and what the title was.

Has anyone else found a good Halloween book that really gets Halloween down right?

My blog: http://www.thoughts.com/allergywoman/blog
http://www.shelfari.com/o1517440994
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend the anthology Charmed (Berkley; Oct., 1999). The Jayne Castle story, "Bridal Jitters," is set on the planet Harmony. I'm pretty sure that the others also take place at Halloween.
Retrograde

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Halloween too! After Christmas, it's my favourite time of the year. I haven't come across anything that captures that feeling either, but I'd love some recs. Meanwhile, I'll watch Hocus Pocus to get in the festive mood. (I love that movie) Very Happy
bookbug

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Hocus Pocus Too!

Disney has a couple of other good ones

Under Wraps
and
Halloweentown

TTFN
bookbug Smile
Amanda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Good Halloween Reads Reply with quote

Kass wrote:
I love Halloween. It's one of my favorite holidays. I've found very few books, however, that make me feel like they're really set at Halloween time. One of them was a small Harlequin or Silhouette type romance that was okay on character and plot, but got Halloween down so well I wish I could remember who wrote it and what the title was.

Has anyone else found a good Halloween book that really gets Halloween down right?

Catherine Anderson's My Sunshine takes place in the fall and she has a really nice Halloween scene. They take his neice and nephew trick or treating and the whole scene just makes me yearn for Halloween. It's a good book and worth reading, but the Halloween portion is just a handful of pages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: