AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Post Images and Avatars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gail K.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: How to Post Images and Avatars Reply with quote

I go away for a few months and come back to find that none of you have done your HW! tsk, tsk. Posting images is EASY. If I can teach myself how to do it, anybody can, trust me.

This is my method, but others please feel to share their own:

1) Sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com (or similar). Try to choose a username that is not related to your real info, as this will show up in code.

2) Whenever you see an image on the internet that you would like to "borrow," simply right-click on the image (using your mouse) and "save picture as" JPG (if you have a choice), directly onto your computer's desktop. Sometimes pictures also have a little disk icon that appears in the upper left (?) portion which you can click on directly.

3) Login to your photobucket account. Follow the directions to upload images from your desktop. When you are uploading, you can also select how big or small you want the image to appear (this is important for Avatars).

4) Uploaded images should now appear in your Album. Highlight/Select to copy the 4th code down below each picture. This is called the IMG code. Paste this code where you want to insert the picture in your message board post. You can play around with spacing.

4b) Follow the same above procedures for posting an Avatar. In the profile section of your member login, you will be copying/pasting the 2nd code below, called "DIRECT LINK" into the space called "Link to off-site Avatar."

And you're done. Voila! Feel free to practice or ask questions on this thread. Once you're used to this, finding and posting images shouldn't take longer than a couple minutes.

Go. (That includes you, xina - I expect sheltie & baby pix to be forthcoming Surprised ).

Last edited by Gail K. on Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
misty

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also right click on pictures that you want to borrow.
Then click on properties.
The properties window should show protocol, type, address, etc.
If you highlight and copy the entire address listed for the picture you can insert it directly into your message.

For example, http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/15/Phil_dalhausser_with_ball.jpg/255px-Phil_dalhausser_with_ball.jpg
After that, all you have to do is highlight the address you just inserted
Click the Img button above
The Img button puts your tags in, and then you have this

Gail K.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, Misty's suggestion is a lot more straightforward than mine. Try it! (I just can't seem to try something different once I'm used to the familiar...a failing of mine)

-Gail

p.s. Volleyball players also have nice torsos. The Men of the Olympics needs to have a pageant or something, for our pleasure.
Diana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gail and Misty, you rock on! I finally got it! Got me a nice little Matisse. I love it. Wink
Gail K.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diana wrote:
Gail and Misty, you rock on! I finally got it! Got me a nice little Matisse. I love it. Wink

It's beautiful! And I think it suits you, Diana Very Happy

Next time the cover threads get revived, I expect contributions Wink
cheri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is frickin hilarious Gail! As I just arrived home to MI from your sunny state(thanks for the book it will be coming home soon!) where I got up at 3AM this morning. I have a ton of pics of my new MARINE that I'm dying to share and have NO IDEA how to do it! LOL! I will try to do what I can and see what happens. Don't expect much as I'm not at all technical! HAHA! cheri
cheri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it come out right? Is there a picture of us with my new Marine?

Last edited by cheri on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
cheri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok you said this was easy! LOL! how do I get my picture to show up like Misty did? I want it bigger! cheri
Gail K.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, cheri! What a lovely family. And I'm glad the guidebook came in handy. Very Happy

When you upload images on photobucket, you can select the size you want. I tried downloading your jpg file and making it larger, but it didn't work. I think you have to upload the original again in larger dimensions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: