AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RWA Conference Reporting ... RITAs announced

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LLB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: RWA Conference Reporting ... RITAs announced Reply with quote

Kate Garrabrant, AAR's publisher liaison, and blogger in her own right, covered RWA's national conference this week for us. She's wrote four reports (the final report just went online Sunday afternoon), and this morning (Sunday), I posted the RITA and Golden Heart winners. Access everything here, and look for Kate's final report later today.

Last edited by LLB on Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
LLB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: RITAs Reply with quote

I don't know about you, but I was really happy to see Ice Blue win a RITA, although I've not yet read the book. I think the entire ICE series has been underlooked by so many people that I'm glad it won some recognition.

Right now I'm reading Madeline Hunter's latest, but her RITA winning book earned DIK status at AAR (it also earned a B level grade in a dual review). I think Hunter is hugely talented, so this thrills me too.

I seem to be one of the few people who liked the book for which Julia Quinn won a RITA. My guess is that this will be a fairly controversial win for the author.

Janice Kay Johnson's RITA win is for another book that earned DIK status here at AAR, as did J.R. Ward's Lover Revealed. That book was the one and only book I've read so far in the series, but I liked it enough that I've bought the rest.

We reviewed Kristan Higgins' books as well; it earned a B level grade.

As always some of the winners are for books without a lot of buzz online.
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read and liked a great deal two of the winners -- Janice Kay Johnson's Snowbound (contemporary series romance) and Julia Quinn's The Secret Diaries of Miss Mirance Cheever (Best Regency Historical Romance). I'm sure I read Lover Revealed, but at this point have stopped reading the series, and can't remember whose story that one is about.

I also have a sample of Dead Girls are Easy, so will be checking that out at some point. Helen Brenna's Treasure (contemporary series romance: suspense/adventure) looks like something I might like, but it's not available on Kindle.

I do have a sample of Terri Garey's Dead Girls are Easy (best first book) on my kindle, and will get to it at some point.
LeeB.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that Anne Stuart, Madeline Hunter and Julia Quinn all won RITA's but I prefer other books they have written. Oh well! Laughing Congrats, ladies!

I did like Deanna Raybourn's Silent in the Grave quite a lot. Congrats to her and I hope she writes more books with her two main characters. They are very intriguing.
willaful

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thrilled that Wicked Lovely won. It's a wonderful book and I hope will gain a wider audience because of the award.

Other than that, I continue to find the RITAs pretty baffling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: