AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mad Men and 1960s fashions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarianneM

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Mad Men and 1960s fashions Reply with quote

I've noticed recently a revival of interest in 1960s fashion, for men and women, ostensibly because of the new series Mad Men. I dug out of my Keeper tapes my copy of How To Steal a Million, released in 1966. Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole star in this delicious trifle, and they're both so beautiful and so gorgeously dressed that this alone would make it worth your while to get a DVD of it. On top of that, the script is witty, and the plot is charming. And BEST of all, her clothes are all Givenchy at his greatest.

If you haven't seen very many 1960s high-style films, this will open your eyes to real elegance, as it existed in haute couture days, when women wore gloves and hats to go round and about. And everything about their clothes coordinated to a smashing total effect. Audrey wears a gorgeous black lace dress with a kind of lace helmet, through which her eyes are huge and mysterious and alluring. I coveted that dress and hat SO mUCH! Don't blame Peter for falling head over heels. My husband did too.

Worth looking into, believe me.

MarianneM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: