AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Fall"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: "The Fall" Reply with quote

I saw this movie today with two of my sons and wondered if anyone else saw it. As one of my sons said: "I probably won't watch it again, but I'm very glad I saw it." It begins in a hospital in Los Angeles in the early 20th C. A young girl befriends a movie stuntman as they both recuperate from injuries, and he tells her an epic tale of five comrades all seeking revenge on the evil General Odious.

Visually the movie is captivating with fairy tale scenes set in a castle on an island in India and a jungle in Brazil and elsewhere around the world, but what truly makes it worthwhile are the two main actors, The little girl is so natural and realistic she steals your heart. Lee Pace from "Pushing Daisies" and "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" is the hero, although at times he is most definitely less than heroic. He's a young actor who hasn't been in all that many things yet, but I think he's fantastic both as eye candy but even more as a wonderful actor. If you have a chance, I'd recommend it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: