AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

White Lies & Viscount Vagabond

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetOne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: White Lies & Viscount Vagabond Reply with quote

Just made a stop at the PL. I was looking for Loretta Chase (again). I did find one book, "Viscount Vagabond". Any opinions on this book?

While I was there I also spotted "White Lies" by Jayne Ann Krentz, the cover was shiny Smile so I checked it out also. Again, any opinions?

I looked in the review forum and didn't see either title.

S
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: White Lies & Viscount Vagabond Reply with quote

SweetOne wrote:
Just made a stop at the PL. I was looking for Loretta Chase (again). I did find one book, "Viscount Vagabond". Any opinions on this book?
While I was there I also spotted "White Lies" by Jayne Ann Krentz, the cover was shiny Smile so I checked it out also. Again, any opinions?
S

You can check both books out on Fiction DataBase without subscribing to its service.

I am sure that I read the Chase book, but it was so long ago that I don't remember it. However, her work is usually a B or better for me.

White Lies is JAK's second Arcane Society series book, the first set in the present. The first was the Amanda Quick title, Second Sight, but each is a stand alone story. I enjoyed White Lies very much, but I enjoy a romance spiced with suspense, mystery and psychic talents. I also love JAK's unique blend of characterization and humor.

Hope this helps,
Kay
Cheryl AAR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the review of Viscount Vagabond:
http://www.likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=1400

It's a very early Loretta Chase, and very much in the traditional regency style, but with plenty of that Chase wit coming through. It's on my Keeper Shelf. ;-)
Susan/DC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Viscount Vagabond Reply with quote

I loved Chase's Viscount Vagabond. While intellectually I can see that it's not quite up to her best books, I found Max and Catherine so appealing that the book sits firmly on my keeper shelf. Max is witty and charming and protective, the kind of hero all the other romance heroes want to be when they grow up. Catherine is a bit of a lost soul but definitely not a weaking and proves herself a worthy heroine for him. A Loretta Chase B+ book would be an A+ for almost any other author -- she sets an awfully high standard.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: