AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First You Run - Roxanne St Claire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diana

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: First You Run - Roxanne St Claire Reply with quote

This book started out with a decent premise and a very promising Aussie hero (long hair, tats, and a gold hoop) and very quickly turned into a mess. There were subplots that came out of nowhere and went nowhere, a main plot that made less and less sense as it developed, secondary characters so underdeveloped that all they did was get in the way. I was willing to suspend my disbelief that an unknown asst anthropology prof could write an academic book and get a huge print run and a book tour where hundreds of "fans" showed up, but the execution was so bad that I got annoyed with the very idea. It was a mess and it was silly.

And then St Claire mashed one of my hottest hot buttons. She has one of her characters (one who has Future Hero stamped on his forehead) call a 55-year old an "old woman." Okay. Do these authors have any idea who a big chunk of their readers are?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: