AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Edith Layton Recs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Edith Layton Recs Reply with quote

Hoping for worthy Layton recommendations. So far, I've read The Cad, however, I suspect there are other titles out there I might enjoy.

Appreciating your help in advance - thanks!
LeeB.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucia: Check out our Favorite Books by Favorite Authors listing for Edith Layton.

http://www.likesbooks.com/favesbyauthor3.html#layton

Personally, my favorite story by her is a short story entitled "It's a Wonderful Christmas." See http://www.edithlayton.com/books/DreamspunChristmas.htm
willaful

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cad is my favorite, but in the same series The Choice is quite good, The Chance is really sweet and To Wed a Stranger is brilliant. Not crazy about the others.

I love her older Signet Regencies, especially The Duke's Wager, False Angel, The Disdainful Marquess, Lord of Dishonor. No sex, but honestly, you don't miss it!
Kayne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Layton Recs Reply with quote

I think I've read just about all of Edith Layton's books and she is a fav. The Duke's Wager was my favorite of hers for a long time until someone here recommended Love in Disguise and its also great. They both involve love triangles where 2 guys are pursuing the female lead. I'm surprised The Duke's Wager hasn't been reviewed here but Love in Disguise got an A.

She has some other, more recent historical books that got good reviews here that you might want to check out, including her new one with the dancing teacher that was fresh. Her regencies are all good including her Christmas Regency Anthologies as well as an older Anthology, A Love for All Seasons.
willaful

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She uses the love triangle theme a lot. I remember thinking after I read The Duke's Wager that it would be really hard to write that book now, when sex is expected in a romance, because it would be such a tip-off as to how the book would end.
Kayne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Layton Recs Reply with quote

willaful wrote:
She uses the love triangle theme a lot. I remember thinking after I read The Duke's Wager that it would be really hard to write that book now, when sex is expected in a romance, because it would be such a tip-off as to how the book would end.

Good Point on the love triangles. Nowadays, I don't know how an author would do a "politically correct" modern female lead with two beaus.

Willaful, your "quote", with the tall Greek Billionaire is so funny. I remember reading something about this a while back. I love Harelquin Presents and your spoof title is so funny. Was there a particular book that inspired this?
willaful

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Layton Recs Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
willaful wrote:

Willaful, your "quote", with the tall Greek Billionaire is so funny. I remember reading something about this a while back. I love Harelquin Presents and your spoof title is so funny. Was there a particular book that inspired this?

Thanks, but I can't claim responsibility. Smile See here: http://tumperkin.blogspot.com/2008/04/unfeasibly-tall-greek-billionaires.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: