AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SOLVED (I think) Beguiled by Love, Sandra Dubay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
januaryroses

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: SOLVED (I think) Beguiled by Love, Sandra Dubay Reply with quote

I am trying to find a book, but remember very little. It was a historical romance. The heroine has her portrait painted by a famous artist. The portrait is unveiled in public and she is nude. She had never posed nude for the artist, but of course the hero does not believe her. The hero chokes the heroine and causes her to miscarry. I am 90% sure that his name is Nicholas. I think hers may have been Victoria.

Last edited by januaryroses on Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
veasleyd1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: help with a title please Reply with quote

januaryroses wrote:
. The hero chokes the heroine and causes her to miscarry.

This is heroic???

Was it a historical or a contemporary?

Was he arrested and sent to prison?
Schola

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+IHS+

Shocked

I don't know the title, Januaryroses, but I think that as soon as you find out what it is, you ought to share it with us in the Worst Romance Ever thread. It sounds like a shoo-in! Evil or Very Mad
januaryroses

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it is certainly not heroic. It just bugs me death when I cannot remember something. Weirder still is when it seems like no one else has read this book. I have 3 books that I have been trying to find the titles of forever!!! and it seems like I am the only person that read any of these 3 books. Of course, one I borrowed from a friend in high school so I know she and her mother read it...but I have seen her in over 12 years.
xina

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have read it, or at least a book with a scene like you describe. I do remember a hero discovering a nude painting of the heroine in a public showing...like an artist's show, but I don't remember him choking her. I think I would have remembered that detail. Was this a book written in the 80's...or before? I'll try to think of the title and if I do, I will post. xina
Margaret

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be The Painted Lady by Lucia Grahame. I don't remember a choking scene tho, loved this book--but it did require a couple of readings.
SweetOne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds very familiar, minus the choking scene.
januaryroses

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do believe it was written in the 80's. the heroine nearly dies after the miscarriage. the doctor advises that she is dying only because she lost the desire to live. i just remembered that detail.
Dormilona

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the book you are trying to identify, but I do know that it is not The Painted Lady by Lucia Grahame. There seem to be some plot similarities, but in TPL the hero does not choke the heroine or cause her to have a miscarriage.
januaryroses

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have solved this one. I believe it is By Love Beguiled by Sandra Dubay. It seems almost impossible to find any information on her books, but the only review I found does lead me to believe that it is this book.

Thanks Everyone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: