AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recommendations please.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melissa222307

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Recommendations please. Reply with quote

I really enjoy romances in which the hero and heroine are ex husbands and wives who rekindle their romance years later. Two of my favorites are Always Annie by Liz Flaherty and Used-to-be Lovers by Linda Lael Miller. I can't seem to find more and I don't really know how to go about looking for them. Does anyone have any suggestions/titles?
xina

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Recommendations please. Reply with quote

melissa222307 wrote:
I really enjoy romances in which the hero and heroine are ex husbands and wives who rekindle their romance years later. Two of my favorites are Always Annie by Liz Flaherty and Used-to-be Lovers by Linda Lael Miller. I can't seem to find more and I don't really know how to go about looking for them. Does anyone have any suggestions/titles?

I enjoy those too. Off the top of my head some I've really liked...One Fine Day by Teresa Weir, Better Than Before by Judith Duncan, One True Love by Barbara Freethy, and the only historical I can think of is, The Stranger I Married by Sylvia Day. All good books. Good luck! xina
MMcA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Leader of the Pack by Justine Davis.

Another book which is more Romantic Suspense than straight Romance is Mary Stewart's Wildfire at Midnight.
Natalie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Private Arrangements y Sherry Thomas - h/h were separated for many years.
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birthright by Nora Roberts fits in this category, but it is also a mystery/suspense book.

Kay
athena_d

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rules of Attraction by Christina Dodd.

I dont believe the H/H are divorced but theyve been estranged for years.
Suzanna

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Major's Mistake, by Andrea Pickens. The hero believes the lies his friend tells him about her, and divorces her. This being Regency England, she's ostracised and in a difficult position financially (he keeps her dowry). They meet up again several years later - he's been through the wars and has matured considerably.

The "Troubled Marriages" list in the Special Titles listing includes this theme, although the books aren't distinguished from other sorts of troubled marriages.
xina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more I've thought of...The Secret Swan by Shana Abe, Two Little Lies by Liz Carlyle (although they are not married...he rejects HER marriage proposal...she is pregnant..he disappears for a number of years). The Burning Point by Mary Jo Putney...controversial subject matter...he is a physically abusive husband who leaves and comes back years later wanting a second chance. This book is more like general fiction, but I still liked it even though I'm not sure I believe in the transformation of the hero 100%. However, Putney is such a wonderful writer.
Maysa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
his book is more like general fiction, but I still liked it even though I'm not sure I believe in the transformation of the hero 100%

I didn't like The Burning Point - but I loved Putney's The Spiral Path, which features a couple in the midst of a divorce, and Silk and Secrets, a historical in which the main couple have been estranged for many years.
Yulie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Two Little Lies by Liz Carlyle (although they are not married...he rejects HER marriage proposal...she is pregnant..he disappears for a number of years).

As I recall, it was the heroine who disappeared, not the hero. In Three Little Secrets, also by Carlyle, the h/h were ctually married, than separated for 13 years. It's not one of her stronger books, though. I think Eloisa James's Your Wicked Ways has an estranged married couple, but I haven't read it myself. And I second the recommendation of Private Arrangements. The h/h are not actually divorced in the book, but at the beginning they have been seperated for about a decade.

Paradise, by Judith McNaught, is the only contemporary I remember reading that had that type of storyline.
veasleyd1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the Harlequin Everlasting Love books, last year, I think, featured a divorced couple (he was a doctor so subsumed in his career that she couldn't take it any more). When he, a surgeon, had a stroke, the ex-wife stepped in as primary caregiver simply because there wasn't anyone else and they had a child in common.
Trish B

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cindy Gerard's To The Brink is a contemp/suspense about a couple who divorced and then are brought back together again when she is kidnapped by terrorists in the Phillipines. Under the Wire is another of her's about a couple who had a torrid affair in Nicaragua and then are separated but meet again many years later. Oh, and the heroine is ten years older than the hero.
LisaW

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Paradise -- Judity McNaught Reply with quote

:shock:

Can't believe no one mentioned Paradise by Judith McNaught.

Quote:

Ruthless corporate raider Matthew Farrell was poised to move in on the legendary department store empire owned by Chicago's renowned Bancroft family. In the glare of the media spotlight, it was a stunning takeover that overshadowed the electric chemistry between Matt, once a scruffy kid from steel town Indiana, and cool, sophisticated Meredith Bancroft. Their brief, ill-fated marriage sparked with thrilling sensuality -- he was the outsider who dared to rock her country club world -- and ended with a bitter betrayal. Now, locked in a battle that should be all business, dangerous temptations and bittersweet memories are stirring their hearts. Will they risk everything on a passion too bold to be denied?

One of my personal favorites ....
xina

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Yulie"]
xina wrote:
Two Little Lies by Liz Carlyle (although they are not married...he rejects HER marriage proposal...she is pregnant..he disappears for a number of years).

As I recall, it was the heroine who disappeared, not the hero. In Three Little Secrets, also by Carlyle, the h/h were ctually married, than separated for 13 years. It's not one of her stronger books, though.

Yes, you are correct. I thought of this today, but haven't been able to post until now. And personally, I loved this book. Actually, it is one of my favorites by Carlyle. To each his own...I guess.
Kayne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Kleypas Reply with quote

Somewhere I'll find you by Lisa Kleypas and The Marriage Bed by Laura Lee Guhrke (which sparked controversy).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: