AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So you think you can dance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donna Lea Simpson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Karen... for a 'crazy girlfriend' routine I still think Katee and Twitch's 'door' routine has last night's beat hands down.

I'm a sucker for Twitch... his heart just shows and I think he's a gem. I like all four finalists, BTW, and if Twitch can't win, then Joshua certainly has my vote. Personality, to me, seems to be equally important this year, with dance ability. But still... loved the Trepak routine... wow! The guys were great together.

Looking forward to tonight.

BTW... any guesses for celebrity dancers on Dancing With The Stars in September? I've heard Kellie Pickler mentioned as a competitor, and I think she'd be entertaining. Someone online mentioned Dan Quayle as a possibility... please... NO!

http://www.donnaleasimpson.com
cheri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really pulling for Joshua. He should win! Our local fox station is having a Preseason Detroit Lions game on. Then our local news at 10pm and then they are broadcasting the finale. So I won't know until 11:30. I'm excited. cheri
Karen Templeton

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, loved Katee's and Twitch's "door" number, too.

And the trepak...oh. my. God.

Maybe because the contestants (all of them) are roughly the same ages as my own, but I just get so pulled in by these kids and their personalities, even more than their talent (and as a former dancer myself, I'm very keen on technique). Kudos to Nigel L. for producing a show that expose people of all ages to ALL forms of dance...and for giving these kids an opportunity to showcase their talents.

Just wish the dang tour came to Albuquerque... Sad

Karen T.
JanceeSP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought tonight's show was great, especially with Mary dancing! Although I was disappointed about Katee (she was my favorite), but Joshua was my very close second choice, so I'm still pretty satisfied with the results.

It's over! Crying or Very sad At least the opening ceremony is tomorrow, so I have something to look forward to.
cheri

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thrilled about the outcome if not tired. I didn't realize it was going to be 2hrs long when I sat down at 10:30 to watch it. It was worth it though. cheri
Karen Templeton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would've been happy with any of them, but thrilled Josh won.

All-in-all, the best of these 2 hr. jobs I've seen (including DWTS) -- the reprises of the best dances were so much fun, the banter between the judges was great (isn't Debbie Allen a hoot?), and Nigel and Mary dancing was a scream.

And to top it off, our 1 y.o., barely walking grandson boogied all the way through the Jonas brothers, LOL. I predict he'll make it the top 20 for the 2025 season! Wink

Karen T.
Kristie(J)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeeeeeaaaaaa Joshua!!!!
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice show. I loved the "best dances" of the season. It made for a very interesting finale, along with having all the choreographers there. I actually recorded it, and will probably watch some of the highlights again this weekend.

And Joshua? A very nice ending.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: