AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Catherine Anderson's Keegan's Lady????
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luteran

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: books Reply with quote

Those are actually my favorite Anderson books too. Those are on my keeper shelf.

Lynda X wrote:
Yeah, I really liked "Keegan's Lady" too and have been on a Catherine Anderson rereading jag lately. Her older books are MUCH, MUCH better than those written in say, the past 8 or so years, IMO. I can't put my finger on exactly why her new ones fail, except that they somehow lack tension. I think it may be that the heroes are too perfect.

The one that's the most like "K's Lady" is "Simply Love," but I adored "Cherish" and "Annie's Song." In "Simply Love," the rich owner of a silver mine is determined to make this very innocent girl his mistress, and he isolates and manipulates her, but her innocence saves her. When he falls in love with her, oh, how he suffers (as does she) for what he's done and I can't remember a better remorse. "Annie's Song" is about this young woman that people assume is retarded who is raped (fortunately, in a very abbreviated scene) by the brother of the hero. When the hero, who is the twin, finds out that she is pregnant, he marries her, planning to take the child from her and send her back to her parents. Anderson captures the real social stigma of having a handicapped child then. Of course, Annie is much more than she appears. "Cherish" is about a religious community who are dedicated to peace and refuse to fight. Unfortunately, renegades ambush and slaughter their wagon train, after hearing that they carry money, but one girl is left behind who is found by men who are driving cattle to market. Initially, she thinks that they are the renegades, and as I recall, her trauma prevents her from speaking. It's very heavy on plot (the renegades want to get her for her knowledge of the money0, but the cowboys are so gallant, especially the hero (natch!), that we and she fall in love. Three terrific books! Please let us know what you think of them, ok?

cheri

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to thank you girls for a great read. I finally finished Summer Breeze (Joseph's story) and couldn't believe how good it was! YEAH! The hero was so yummy. I had a hard time finishing it because I didn't want to leave the world Anderson created. Did I tell you I loved it! Laughing I put Simply Love on order and will get to that pretty quick. I'm interested in this one because this author really does heroes good and this hero is supposed to be bad. I'm looking forward to it. cheri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: