AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lover Enshrined
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iluvarake

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An angel just showed up? In the Adirondacks? Really. An angel?

The world building in these books is just not strong enough to support plot devices like angels and ghosts. IMHO.

Damn it. Another reason to stop with the ebooks. You can't return them when they disappoint.
iluvarake

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another thing. Why a Primale at all? Why rely on just one guy? If they need to increase the population quick-like, why don't they turn all those horny, newly transitioned, overly aggressive males loose among the Chosen. Two birds, meet stone.

Last edited by iluvarake on Thu May 14, 2009 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Skrabs

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share your pain iluvarake. Phury really killed it for me with the brotherhood. Zsadist was tortured, Phury is a whiner.

I like your take on parenting classes but they needed to go a generation back at least too. These guys have a whole lot of mommy issues.

As for the primale thing, it does seem kind of odd. Narrowing the breeding pool or something. They need some new genes.

So are you going to read Rehv's book? After Phury being a druggo I don't know how I'll cope with Rehv as the dealer.
iluvarake

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrabs wrote:

So are you going to read Rehv's book? After Phury being a druggo I don't know how I'll cope with Rehv as the dealer.

Yeah, but only because I already paid for the damn thing and can't return it because it's an ebook. After that yucky Princess scene I don't hold out much hope. I still have no real understanding about what being a sympath means, but maybe it will be explained. And oh, the penis barb/latch thing? Pretty gross.

The only thing I might look forward to is if John Matthew and Xhex finally get together. At least for some hot lovin' if not a mating. (How the hell do you pronounce her name anyway? Zex? That dopey extra letter thing and the other names were really annoying once the love stories lost their pull. And who would name their BABIES names like this? Tohrment? Hhurt? Zsadist?! I started pronouncing that last one like ZsaZsa Gabor's name just so it wouldn't irritate me so much)
iluvarake

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the teen faux-gangsta slang being used by all these vampires is sort of bizarre too. None of these guys speak like people who've lived for hundreds of years. They don't fraternize with humans, where are they picking up this speech? Fresh Prince reruns?
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iluvarake wrote:
[
The only thing I might look forward to is if John Matthew and Xhex finally get together. At least for some hot lovin' if not a mating. (How the hell do you pronounce her name anyway? Zex? That dopey extra letter thing and the other names were really annoying once the love stories lost their pull. And who would name their BABIES names like this? Tohrment? Hhurt? Zsadist?! I started pronouncing that last one like ZsaZsa Gabor's name just so it wouldn't irritate me so much)

I thought it was pronounced 'sex'. *G*

Linda
iluvarake

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many books are planned in this series? I thought Rehvenge's was the last but it looks like she's still setting up more characters. I'm not crazy about such a long series. When it never builds to a natural conclusion it starts to feel manipulative to me, like a soap opera or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: