AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nora Roberts Movies - Four more in 2009
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marcella

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Nora Roberts Movies - Four more in 2009 Reply with quote

This press release is on Nora's site:

AFTER MORE THAN 34 MILLION VIEWERS TUNED INTO
LIFETIME TELEVISION’S ADAPTATIONS OF NORA ROBERTS’ BOOKS IN 2007, THE NETWORK RE-TEAMS WITH MANDALAY TELEVISION, STEPHANIE GERMAIN PRODUCTIONS AND THE ACCLAIMED AUTHOR TO PRODUCE
FOUR ALL-NEW ORIGINAL MOVIES

LOS ANGELES, CA – After the success of the four Nora Roberts movies that aired on Lifetime Television in 2007, the network will join forces once again with Mandalay Television and Stephanie Germain Productions to produce four all-new Original Movies based on Nora Roberts’ best-selling novels to air in 2009.

In making the announcement, Susanne Daniels, President, Entertainment, Lifetime Networks, said, “Our loyal viewers are devoted Nora Roberts fans, as evidenced by the great ratings and buzz from our movies last year. We couldn’t be happier to deliver four all-new bestsellers to the screen. I’m thrilled to be teaming with Nora, Peter and Stephanie once again. The quality of the first four films was excellent and we couldn’t have a better team behind Nora’s outstanding stories.”

Guber said, “Reconvening our stellar partnership with Nora Roberts and Lifetime provides a unique opportunity to build upon our successful franchise.” Added Germain, “Nora Roberts’ captivating books clearly translate into event-driven television. We are thrilled to bring four more of her extraordinary stories to the screen.” Six best-selling Nora Roberts titles are being considered for movies to air in 2009. They include: Tribute, High Noon, Northern Lights, True Betrayals, Midnight Bayou and Carnal Innocence.

“I’m delighted to be working again with the excellent partnership of Mandalay Television, Stephanie Germain Productions and Lifetime Television,” said Roberts. “The care and attention to detail they gave the four movies that aired in 2007 made for wonderful entertainment. Peter Guber and Stephanie Germain kept the essence of each book, and Lifetime’s outstanding promotion brought a whole new level of anticipation among my readers to see the books brought to film,” Roberts continued. “I’m anticipating another four exciting adaptations to air in 2009.”

Shelfari: http://www.shelfari.com/o1517877219
Marcella

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the same time I hope and do not hope they will pick Carnal Innocence because that is one my favourite NR books. It would be great to see it as a movie, but... you know what I mean!

Sandlynn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they would do "Honest Illusions." That would be fun.
Marcella

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandlynn wrote:
I wish they would do "Honest Illusions." That would be fun.

That is my no. 1 and they'd better make a mini-series out of that!

Niftybergin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Honest Illusions. It's probably my favorite Nora Roberts book. I love Luke and Roxy.

I think True Betrayals could be an interesting movie. The heroine finds out that her mother's not dead, after all...that she's been in prison for murder since the heroine was a little girl. Now the girl is a woman and her mother is out of prison and wants to have a relationship. The hero is a friend of the mother's (but he's the heroine's age) and he owns a neighboring horse farm. He raises Thoroughbred racing horses.

Quote:
Six best-selling Nora Roberts titles are being considered for movies to air in 2009. They include: Tribute, High Noon, Northern Lights, True Betrayals, Midnight Bayou and Carnal Innocence.

What is Tribute? That doesn't ring any bells for me at all.
Marcella

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niftybergin wrote:
What is Tribute? That doesn't ring any bells for me at all.

Will be published in July!

Natalie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote in another thread that I'd love to see Northern Lights. Nothing can beat winter and mountains in my book Wink
RichMissTallant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcella wrote:
At the same time I hope and do not hope they will pick Carnal Innocence because that is one my favourite NR books. It would be great to see it as a movie, but... you know what I mean!

I was about to reply, "Yes, Carnal Innocence!" and then I read your post and it got me thinking. I've watched a couple of the made-for-tv movies, and although they're good, they're never... well... that good, ha. So I know what you mean.

I think Sacred Sins would make a good movie... but it's another fave, so I'm on the fence. Good thing it's not up for consideration.
Juliette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honest Illusions was my first Nora Roberts book and, yeah, if done right, would make a great movie or miniseries. I didn't like Northern Lights, though I might like it as a movie.

My fear is they'll end up as sappy Lifetime-type TV movies. I didn't see the first four, were they any good? Angels Fall was a great read.
Juliette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichMissTallant wrote:
I think Sacred Sins would make a good movie... but it's another fave, so I'm on the fence. Good thing it's not up for consideration.

Hey RichMissTalent Very Happy

I'm 3/4 of the way through this one, I was thinking it would make a decent movie. I was surprised to look at the copyright date was from the late 80's. She was excellent even back then.
RichMissTallant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was surprised to look at the copyright date was from the late 80's. She was excellent even back then.

Yeah, I feel like Nora's really great novels don't age that much, given her penchant for making pop culture references. She's talented like that. I really love Ben Paris; he's such a smartass, but a dreamy one. One of my fave Roberts heroes.
Juliette

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichMissTalent - I finished Sacred Sins yesterday and I liked it very much. I appreciate all of the unexpected qualities of the characters, especially Ben Paris. And how we, the reader, find out he loves her.

My one qualm, which I believe happened with another Nora Roberts book, is the book about Ben's partner Ed. I didn't know he was to get his own story and I pictured him a big dorky guy. Now it'll be hard to backpedal and make him attractive in my mind which I'll have to do to get into the story. I have to be attracted to the hero, sort of fall in love with him along with the heroine, or I can't get into it.
RichMissTallant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juliette wrote:
I didn't know he was to get his own story and I pictured him a big dorky guy. Now it'll be hard to backpedal and make him attractive in my mind which I'll have to do to get into the story. I have to be attracted to the hero, sort of fall in love with him along with the heroine, or I can't get into it.

I know what you mean; I think I knew Ed had his own book, and as far as personality goes, I can see the hero-material, but I just sort of pictured him as this super tall awkward guy. I wonder if Nora had planned his book already or if she got a good fan reaction to Ed. In any event, I absolutely love Ben Paris, though Very Happy

http://dreamingenigma.livejournal.com
JulieR

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed's book is Brazen Virtue. While Ed is a different hero than Ben Paris, I felt that Roberts succeeded in making him very attractive, too. Maybe not as physically attractive (though, as I recall, he's got lots of muscles that the heroine definitely doesn't object to!), but he's an all-around good guy, and extremely likable.

Actually, I think I liked Brazen Virtue better than Sacred Sins. The villain was not the usual, the mystery was good, and the heroine was a writer who, for plot reasons, (spoiler, highlight to see) moonlights as a phone sex provider.

There is also more than a glimpse of Ben Paris in Brazen Virtue, because of Ben and Ed being partners. I know some people don't like it when characters from earlier books make too much of an appearance, but this is a case where it is handled very naturally.
Cora

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juliette wrote:
I didn't know he was to get his own story and I pictured him a big dorky guy. Now it'll be hard to backpedal and make him attractive in my mind which I'll have to do to get into the story. I have to be attracted to the hero, sort of fall in love with him along with the heroine, or I can't get into it.

RichMissTallant wrote:
I know what you mean; I think I knew Ed had his own book, and as far as personality goes, I can see the hero-material, but I just sort of pictured him as this super tall awkward guy. I wonder if Nora had planned his book already or if she got a good fan reaction to Ed. In any event, I absolutely love Ben Paris, though Very Happy

Why can't the poor guy not be dorky and awkward and nonetheless hero material? I may be in the minority, but I would enjoy the occasional romance where the hero wasn't hugely attractive in the physical sense but had other qualities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: