AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any conversation starters here?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eliza

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Any conversation starters here? Reply with quote

...from social science research
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/11/opinion/brooks-social-science-palooza-iii.html?hp&_r=0

How about leggings for men? The return of Regency men's clothing? kinda...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/fashion/shortcuts/2012/dec/10/leggings-for-men-meggings-trend
dick

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first lists the kinds of studies that always make me wonder how people came up with them; I, for one, don't really care to know some of the things those studies/researches apparently found out. And, if the government is funding them, the government is an ass, to paraphrase the Bard.
The second? Well, that kind of clothing is a bit young for me, I think. And, although most males will probably follow suit, I sincerely hope that they look in a mirror before appearing in public. Too few people do that, IMO.
Eliza

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dick wrote:
The first lists the kinds of studies that always make me wonder how people came up with them; I, for one, don't really care to know some of the things those studies/researches apparently found out. And, if the government is funding them, the government is an ass, to paraphrase the Bard.

Reminds me of a Lewis Black comedy bit about a gov't grant to a state to find out why prisoners want to break out of prison!
dick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

L & LOL!
LizE

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dick wrote:
And, if the government is funding them, the government is an ass, to paraphrase the Bard.

I do believe it is Mr. Dickens you are paraphrasing here...

Mr. Brownlow: The law assumes that your wife acts under your direction.

Mr. Bumble: If the law supposes that, then the law is a ass, a idiot! If that's the eye of the law, then the law is a bachelor. And the worst I wish the law is that his eye may be opened by experience
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> The Wild Wild West Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: