AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veasleyd1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Shirley, Goodness, and Mercy Reply with quote

I picked up the lDebbie Macomber book, Angels at the Table, the latest in the series about the three interfering angels. I wanted something light, but . . . even with the appearance of an apprentice angel named Will, the style is reminiscent of an earnest high school girl starting to write stories and the plot is so thin that it's ready for the ragbag. C- because I'm feeling generous.[/i]
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my reivew (hopefully to be published soon) I gave this one a B. I am thoroughly tired of Shirley, Goodness and Mercy since they never seem to outgrow their cutesy screw up behavior but I did like Lucy and Aren's story. I think I've managed to read all of Macomber's Christmas stories and this is the first one I've really enjoyed in awhile. I am still working on 1225 Christmas Tree Lane. Never really grabbed my attention but this one did.

maggie b.
Tee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mind the story either. It was painless and cute, and just what I expected from a Christmas Shirley, Goodness and Mercy (and Will) story. But I'm with Maggie on this one in saying that I'm just about done with those angels' stories. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: