AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harrison's "Lord's Fall"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynda X

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Harrison's "Lord's Fall" Reply with quote

"Lord's Fall" is a continuation of "Dragon Bound" by Thea Harrison. if you haven't read "Dragon," boy, do you have a treat coming up! It's a great romance--funny and unexpected. I think it got an A review here.

I suppose you could read "Lord's Fall" if you haven't read "Dragon," but why would you want to? It takes Dragos and Pia up on their story. Yes, I suppose it doesn't quite have the suspense of "Dragon Bound," but it's a delicious romance anyway. Yes, the two are separated for about half the book--but wait!--they communicate mentally and meet sexually in their dreams, so it doesn't feel like a separation. The major reason why I love certain romances is mainly because I love the characters, so it was great fun to continue to read of two of my favorites. Pia is still pregnant with "Peanut," she's still a little insecure, Dragos is still trying to cope with a mate, not an insubordinate, and best of all, they are still totally in love with each other.

Grade: B+
willaful

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a charming book, though I didn't love it as much as you, and don't think I would have liked it much at all if I hadn't read the first book. A lot of inside jokes/information.

I would like to respond to a bit of the review, which went "And what about Tiago? Dragos lost two Sentinels through the series so far. Though it is obvious that the loss of Rune’s friendship was the bigger loss than just as a Sentinel, it still seemed strange that he barely gave the loss of Tiago a second thought and focused only on Rune’s absence."

I DNF'd Tiago's book, so I could be wrong about this, but I believe the issue was that Dragos and Rune parted on such bad terms. He's not mourning his loss as a Sentinel, he's mourning the loss of someone he trusted and cared for. Since he and Tiago are still on good terms, AFAIK, it's not nearly such a loss.
MEK

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished the book last night and enjoyed it thoroughly. I thought the world building was fun and original and none of the plot development was "telegraphed". Much of it was an interesting surprise. Pia and Dragos are still a great couple!

I also thought Harrison's writing was good in this book. She had several passages about the nature of love that were beautifully written. Two of her books, Tiago's and Rune's, I thought were written in such hyperbole I had trouble enjoying them. In this book and in the last one about Grace the Oracle, the plot drove her writing so she didn't seem to get carried away with an over-the-top writing style.

All in all, I think this is a fun series, and evidently she is starting a new series soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: