AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When's Courtney Milan's new book?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynda X

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: When's Courtney Milan's new book? Reply with quote

I think Milan's new book is THE DUTCHESS WAR, postponed from September to October and now November. Anybody know anything about when it actually will be out--and how firm that date is?
NoirFemme

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mid November per her Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/courtneymilanauthor

If she has a mailing list, she'd probably send out an alert through that.
Ash

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone have anymore information about a definite release date? on her website it just said between November 15-22.
This has resulted in me obsessively checking her website every few hours since the 15th Razz
Lynda X

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that Courtney Milan would mind if I posted her reply to me, last week, about when this book was coming out. When she notifies me, I'll let everybody know.

She wrote:
"I don't know, exactly. A lot is going to depend on how quickly the proofing gets done, and that's something I have no control over on my end. I'm still tweaking here, too. I promise that I'm getting it done as quickly as I can, but if I had an exact date, I would already have announced it.

I know I should be better at updating--but at this point, I don't have running water in my kitchen, and I have to have my priorities. I have to choose between writing regularly and not updating, or taking my updating time from my writing time. Once a lot of this other stuff is squared away I should have more time to take care of details, but right now, I have to focus on the things that have to come first.

For THE HEIRESS EFFECT, I'm not even going to try to predict a date. Whatever I tell you will undoubtedly be wrong. If you throw a dart at a calendar for 2013, you'll get as good an estimate as anything I come up with."
MMcA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting that, Lynda X.

On the bright side, sometimes I miss the hunting for books: the internet gives you such certainty about what's out and when, that you don't often get that unexpected joy that you used to get when you stumbled across an unlooked for release.

So perhaps the frustration of not knowing an exact date means we get a concomitant thrill when the book suddenly appears.
Ash

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lynda!! Smile
Lynda X

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, firs the bad news. The book NOW is supposed to be out the first week in Dec. The good news: there is supposed to be a novella coming out later in Dec. It's tied in with Christmas (I think), so that means that it has to be out this December (I think). If you want to read what Courtney Milan has to say about why THE GOVERNESS WAR is so late and how she writes, go to:

http://www.courtneymilan.com/ramblings/2012/11/19/so-courtney-where-is-the-duchess-war/
PJ

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The summary for the first book was a little "eeeh" for me... but, regardless of that I have really been looking forward to the entire series.

Feels like I've been waiting years.
Ash

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its out! Very Happy
owenzachary

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went to KOBO and bought it. It's 3.99, but I found a coupon code so it was a little over 2.00 :-) Can't wait to read it!

Cindy
iluvarake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to read books purchased at KOBO on a Kindle? Amazon doesn't have this title yet.

Never mind. Here's a link for it on Amazon. For some reason it didn't come up on a search.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Duchess-Brothers-Sinister-ebook/dp/B00AKKGX4W/courtneymilan-20
Islandgirl2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say for that price and this talented author I feel like it's a steal. I really love her stories.

Can't wait to read it pronto when I'm done with my current reading. Thanks for the notice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: