AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't remember the title

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anna Maria J

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Can't remember the title Reply with quote

A few years ago I a read a romance novel (translated from English to Swedish) and I can't remember the title. This is bugging me immensely because I want to recommend this particular book to a friend.

The plot took place in a historical setting but I can't remember if it was medieval times or the 1800s. The story centers around the arranged marriage between the H and h. She is a young but rich widow, but is considered as a madwoman. There are rumors that she murdered her late husbands (!), but as a reader you’ll learn that they all died of natural causes.

The H is one of many brothers so he can’t inherit any property or money, hence he must marry for money. The h is not insane at all, but dresses like she is, and have the most tangled hair so everyone around her assume she is a madwoman. She does that because she’s tired of being a bride and just want to take care of her castle without any interference of men. But her guardian thinks otherwise and arrange a deal with the H:s father. A young woman just can’t be unmarried.

She hates her new husband and won’t let him touch her. The H is a gentle person and decides to woo her so they can be husband and wife. I remember one particular scene where the H washes and combs’ her tangled hair.

I think this book is a part of a series, one book for each brother…

Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Please help a Swedish librarian Wink
LordRose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be The de Burgh Bride by Deborah Simmons? Although she actually did kill her first husband in this book. And a lot of the other details are different from what you remember. But she does act crazy and has tangled hair. She is ordered by the king to marry one of the de Burgh brothers, and they drew straws to see which one of them had to marry her. I believe the H of the book was the second son, and it is part of a series about each of the brothers (and the father).

Sleeping With The Enemy

It was the last thing Elene Fitzhugh intended. She only prayed her array of sharpened daggers was ample protection against Geoffrey de Burgh's gentle coaxing and honeyed lies, for she was determined to be no man's bride-king's command be damned!

Noble By Birth, Yet Wild At Heart

Though Elene Fitzhugh had slain her first husband in the marriage bed, Geoffrey de Burgh had no choice but to make her his bride. Yet could he ever truly take to wife a woman with so fierce and passionate a soul?
Anna Maria J

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's the one! I totally remembered it wrong, well, except for the hair and crazy part Very Happy

You made my week!

Thank you!
LordRose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I could help! I actually just read this about a week ago, so it's still fresh in my mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: