AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diana Gabaldon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eliza

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Diana Gabaldon Reply with quote

After re-listening to the audio Outlander, I checked DG's board for the first time in a long time and learned the following:

Book #8, Written In My Own Heart’s Blood--Will be released in early 2013. But note: she's still writing it.

She's regaining rights to her short stories first published in anthologies and will be selling them as e-books, and as a compilation for now in the UK. The first one is already available, a Lord John Grey book, "The Custom of the Army (Novella): An Outlander Novella" To come: “A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows” (the story of Roger MacKenzie’s parents); “Lord John and the Plague of Zombies” (Lord John’s first journey to Jamaica); “The Space Between” (takes place in 1778 after the events in AN ECHO IN THE BONE and deals with Michael Murray (Young Ian’s older brother), Joan (Marsali’s younger sister), the Comte St. Germain, Mother Hildegarde, and a few others). When she has all four "back" they'll be pubbed in one volume called "A Trail of Fire."

A terrific timeline: http://www.dgabaldon.de/html/timeline_1e.html

The back cover author photo for The Scottish Prisoner was taken at Culloden near a walled garden, and the Ladies of Lallybroch have a bench there dedicated to DG and her books.

For those curious about research as I am, in July she posted pictures of some of her bookcases and and some details of resources on her blog in two posts.
Yulie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Diana Gabaldon Reply with quote

Eliza wrote:
After re-listening to the audio Outlander, I checked DG's board for the first time in a long time and learned the following:

Book #8, Written In My Own Heart’s Blood--Will be released in early 2013. But note: she's still writing it.

I saw that on her website, but I don't think this is right; her books are usually released in the fall. In fact, she says here that she's shooting for a fall 2013 publication.

I knew about the e-books, and hope to read the story of Roger's parents eventually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: