AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heroine seduces the hero?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monika

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Heroine seduces the hero? Reply with quote

Any recs for books featuring this seduction plot?

Thanks

ps:no menage,adultery,bdsm
KataO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thief of Shadows by Elizabeth Hoyt
Monika

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion...I added it to my tbr pile Smile
Anne_Gresley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Heroine seduces the hero? Reply with quote

Another older Elizabeth Hoyt: To Seduce a Sinner.
Natalie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Balogh, Seducing an Angel
Jo Beverly, Forbidden
Justine Davis, Lord of the Storm (SciFI)
ragg2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does not lord of scoundrels fall in this category? I remember that he was very reluctant to get into bed with her.
Or am I mixing that up with ravished by amanda quick?
graceC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Betina Krahn's "Make Me Yours". I like that the heroine is an experienced widow who really enjoys sex and knows exactly what she wants. The hero is a bit of a stick in the mud type who tries so hard to resist her because it's the right thing to do.. but of course we all know how it ends Smile
Trish B

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

graceC wrote:
Betina Krahn's "Make Me Yours". I like that the heroine is an experienced widow who really enjoys sex and knows exactly what she wants. The hero is a bit of a stick in the mud type who tries so hard to resist her because it's the right thing to do.. but of course we all know how it ends Smile

This was a fun book! But the hero wasn't just a stick in the mud, he also resisted her because the Prince of Wales had his sights set on the lady! And you don't go against the Prince of Wales!

One book where the heroine pursues (not necessarily the hero!) is Goddess of the Hunt by Tessa Dare

Then there's the book I'm reading now, A Duke Never Yields by Juliana Gray wherein the heroine wants to make the hero her lover just when he's decided to try to reform his ways. It's the third in a trilogy and I would recommend reading all three books in order first for maximum effect.
Blackjack1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trish B...
Quote:
"Then there's the book I'm reading now, A Duke Never Yields by Juliana Gray wherein the heroine wants to make the hero her lover just when he's decided to try to reform his ways. It's the third in a trilogy and I would recommend reading all three books in order first for maximum effect."

Coincidentally, I was just looking over my list of authors I want to read soon, and Juliana Gray is one of them I've been considering. I haven't read any of her books yet but have read some positive comments about them.
Trish B

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackjack1 wrote:
Trish B...
Quote:
"Then there's the book I'm reading now, A Duke Never Yields by Juliana Gray wherein the heroine wants to make the hero her lover just when he's decided to try to reform his ways. It's the third in a trilogy and I would recommend reading all three books in order first for maximum effect."

Coincidentally, I was just looking over my list of authors I want to read soon, and Juliana Gray is one of them I've been considering. I haven't read any of her books yet but have read some positive comments about them.

Blackjack1,

I read all three of Ms Gray's books and enjoyed them all. I'm not sure of your taste, but for me the books are light (for the most part), witty (at times farcical), and the dialogue is quite good. The author is a serious Shakespeare fan and the stories owe much to Love's Labors Lost.

There is a mild paranormal element (ghosts and a curse) that runs through all three books (but is strongest in the last book), though it is not silly or overly intrusive into the overall story.

I loved the setting - 1890 Tuscany. I love the period and the Tuscan setting is lovingly described. I love that the first book has early automobiles as a part of the story and the race at the end of the book was fun.

In book two we have a lost loves reunited tale that is poignant and also has the most serious stuff of the trilogy going on. There is also a little boy who is very nicely written - not bratty or precocious - he seemed to me what a boy of his class would be at the time.

Book three has the freespirited, unconventional sister to the heroine of book one matching wits with the imperious duke who is brother to the hero of book two. Lots of lusting and arguing but in a lighthearted way.

This is probably more than you wanted to know, but I thought it might give some idea of whether it's a series you'd like to read or pass on. And as all of the books take place over the same time period (you'll read the same scene in all three books, but from a different perspective), it is best to read them in order, I think.
Mark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the trilogy by Juliana Gray. I liked the first the most, partly because so much of the story centered on the automobile development and race, making it quite different from most historical romances. Book three, A Duke Never Yields, changes the nature of the paranormal elements from the apparent ghosts shown in the first two books to something quite different that I actually found harder to suspend disbelief in. I would describe the version in ADNY as requiring multiple miracles, compared to which ghosts are pretty routine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: