AAR
Click here for full forums index
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 
Fifty Shades of Grey movie and Fun Chat! Thread #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmredd wrote:
PS. Have any of you guys read "To Love a Dark Lord"? by Anne Stewart? One of my all time favorites.




Yes! I love it too, and haven't read it for years. If you're looking for an alpha hero..here he is.
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judyblueeyes wrote:
Linda in sw va wrote:
Here is the hero's first line to the heroine - "The name's Jude Ryder, since I know you're all but salivating like a rabid dog to know, and I don't do girlfriends, relationships, flowers or regular phone calls. If that works for you, I think we could work out something special."

*snort!* I just know this guy is going to fall hard, haha

Linda


Double Snort, that is an awesome opener to the heroine, I hope her line was just as good letting him know what she thought about being compared to a rabid dog! There is one guy begging to learn the meaning of "something special" the hard way.

I might have to see if my library has Crash in ePub.



What book is this?? I've been busy lately and have only briefly checked in. Sounds interesting! Smile
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judyblueeyes wrote:
Linda in sw va wrote:
Here is the hero's first line to the heroine - "The name's Jude Ryder, since I know you're all but salivating like a rabid dog to know, and I don't do girlfriends, relationships, flowers or regular phone calls. If that works for you, I think we could work out something special."

*snort!* I just know this guy is going to fall hard, haha

Linda


Double Snort, that is an awesome opener to the heroine, I hope her line was just as good letting him know what she thought about being compared to a rabid dog! There is one guy begging to learn the meaning of "something special" the hard way.

I might have to see if my library has Crash in ePub.


So funny! She was staring at him for hours and trying very hard to get his attention so he was kinda right but a jerk about it. She doesn't have a clever comeback but she does realize he's a ass and blows him off, much to his surprise because apparently he's used to girls falling at his feet. She turns him down so that intrigues him, she's going to make him work for it now, haha.

Xina, it's Crash by Nicole Williams and I think it has a sequel out now that's called Clash. YA but doesn't read young.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
http://www.onlinecasinoarchives.com/entertainment/2012/10/16/50-shades-grey-inspires-betting-market/


Care to bet on who will play the leads?? It looks like some are...betting that is.


Wow. People are betting money on this? Silly! Lol

Wonder what Ian's standings are, good to see Henry Cavill and Matt Bomer there. Ryan Gosling though, just can't see it but if he is cast I will still go see it, haha

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
xina wrote:
http://www.onlinecasinoarchives.com/entertainment/2012/10/16/50-shades-grey-inspires-betting-market/


Care to bet on who will play the leads?? It looks like some are...betting that is.


Wow. People are betting money on this? Silly! Lol

Wonder what Ian's standings are, good to see Henry Cavill and Matt Bomer there. Ryan Gosling though, just can't see it but if he is cast I will still go see it, haha

Linda



Just goes to show, that people will bet on anything. LOL I wonder when we will all know, I am hoping soon. Agree that it is good to see Cavill and Bomer up front. I would love that, but I'm thinking that it will be Ian or somebody other than anyone mentioned here. I guess I can see Gosing as Christian. He's done dark and moody before, but I just can't see them choosing him.
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judyblueeyes



Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Posts: 163
Location: Great Lakes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Linda in sw va wrote:
xina wrote:
http://www.onlinecasinoarchives.com/entertainment/2012/10/16/50-shades-grey-inspires-betting-market/


Care to bet on who will play the leads?? It looks like some are...betting that is.


Wow. People are betting money on this? Silly! Lol

Wonder what Ian's standings are, good to see Henry Cavill and Matt Bomer there. Ryan Gosling though, just can't see it but if he is cast I will still go see it, haha

Linda



Just goes to show, that people will bet on anything. LOL I wonder when we will all know, I am hoping soon. Agree that it is good to see Cavill and Bomer up front. I would love that, but I'm thinking that it will be Ian or somebody other than anyone mentioned here. I guess I can see Gosing as Christian. He's done dark and moody before, but I just can't see them choosing him.


The betting doesn't surprise me, I was a teen, but I remember the books in UK were all about "Who Shot JR". I don't think Las Vegas had gotten into taking odds on anything other than athletics, but in UK you could find almost anything to bet on.

I would love them to find a lesser name actor to be Christian. I am not to into young actors today, don't watch to much YA tv etc. So someone tell me were the actors in Twilght well know before the series? I remember Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise, he didn't have much of a part but he was adorable. Maybe they could find the next Brad, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Johnny Depp (when he was younger now he just seems to play Captain Jack as every character or that is me) but you get my line of thinking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judyblueeyes wrote:






I would love them to find a lesser name actor to be Christian. I am not to into young actors today, don't watch to much YA tv etc. So someone tell me were the actors in Twilght well know before the series? I remember Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise, he didn't have much of a part but he was adorable. Maybe they could find the next Brad, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Johnny Depp (when he was younger now he just seems to play Captain Jack as every character or that is me) but you get my line of thinking.[/color]




Oh, very good point Judy. I'm pretty sure most of the cast, especially the young actors, were unknows for the most part. The only 2 I was familiar with is Billy Burke and Peter Facinelli. They are the older actors with more acting experience. So, 2 unknowns could very well work.
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judyblueeyes wrote:
[The betting doesn't surprise me, I was a teen, but I remember the books in UK were all about "Who Shot JR". I don't think Las Vegas had gotten into taking odds on anything other than athletics, but in UK you could find almost anything to bet on.

I would love them to find a lesser name actor to be Christian. I am not to into young actors today, don't watch to much YA tv etc. So someone tell me were the actors in Twilght well know before the series? I remember Brad Pitt in Thelma and Louise, he didn't have much of a part but he was adorable. Maybe they could find the next Brad, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Johnny Depp (when he was younger now he just seems to play Captain Jack as every character or that is me) but you get my line of thinking.


I'd not heard of anyone in Twlight before I saw the films, if they do cast an unknown in Fifty they are going to get a heck of a lot of exposure, no pun intended, lol

Getting further along in Crash this book is reminding me a lot of Beautiful Disaster, the hero has a short fuse and does a lot of beating up.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judyblueeyes



Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Posts: 163
Location: Great Lakes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:


I'd not heard of anyone in Twlight before I saw the films, if they do cast an unknown in Fifty they are going to get a heck of a lot of exposure, no pun intended, lol

Getting further along in Crash this book is reminding me a lot of Beautiful Disaster, the hero has a short fuse and does a lot of beating up.

Linda


exposure, I say PUN INTENDED Laughing that was funny.
Ok, Crash is how much like Beautiful Disaster? I so didn't really enjoy that book. I did read the whole thing but I was like..."who sees this as being ANY thing like FSoG??? Who??? Name Names so I can slap them upside the head.

On the good side, the library didn't have Crash in ePub so I didn't add it to my list.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judy - it's like Beautiful Disaster in that the characters are young, the 'hero' Jude has a hot temper and is quick to beat the hell out of anyone (male) that ticks him off, looks at Lucy the wrong way, etc. There is an immaturity there to the characters. I do like Lucy much more than I did the heroine of BD.

I think it's much better than Beautiful Disaster, I needed a change of pace and this one hits the spot.

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Judyblueeyes



Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Posts: 163
Location: Great Lakes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My change of pace is Hidden Paradise. Just started it yesterday, it is a modern day Austin spin off. The heroine is a very recently widowed Austin scholar that goes to England to help out some friends with their new venture into Austin themed house parties or something like that, I am only a couple chapters in.

I have a whole collection, some very good some really boring, of the Jane Austin themed stories that I seem to find. It must be some authors story line, but then you can't knock a great classic as a good jumping off point
.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official Fifty Shades of Grey T-Shirts at Hot Topic! lol

http://search.hottopic.com/search?p=Q&w=50+shades&submit_search.x=43&submit_search.y=9

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xina



Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 6635
Location: minneapolis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Official Fifty Shades of Grey T-Shirts at Hot Topic! lol

http://search.hottopic.com/search?p=Q&w=50+shades&submit_search.x=43&submit_search.y=9

Linda


That is funny. I'm a little surprised that they are in Hot Topic! LOL!
_________________
"As you wish"
~The Princess Bride
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[
That is funny. I'm a little surprised that they are in Hot Topic! LOL!


Me too and considering my teenage son loves that store! lol

Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linda in sw va



Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Posts: 4708

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this on Facebook, dogs dressed up in Fifty costumes, too cute!





Linda
_________________
"The Bookshop has a thousand books, all colors, hues and tinges, and every cover is a door that turns on magic hinges." ~ Nancy Byrd Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group