AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Searching a book with little to go on! Solved!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bavarian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Searching a book with little to go on! Solved! Reply with quote

While rereading the novella The Mad Earl's Bride by Loretta Chase I got the feeling that I've read a book with a similar premise.
It was a historical, regency period. The hero was suffering from debilitating headaches and if I'm remembering correctly, he thought he would die soon. His mother had had the same headaches and the hero thought they were the reason for her death. I'm not sure if he thinks - like the Chase hero - that he will go mad.
I remember the first scene of the book: He is in Paris, it's night, he has gambled heavily and feels one of his spells coming. There is an other man involved. That's all I remember and it's rather fuzzy. The hero owns a small cabin or some such where he retreats during his "spells".
I think the book was part of a series and was published 10 or more years ago.
Perhaps somebody will remember what book this could be. I would be very greatful as I myself seem to be searching on all the wrong places.

Last edited by bavarian on Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
brwneyedbeauty

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like the Seduction of Sara by Karen Hawkins. It was published in 2001:

She Needed a Husband

When the Earl of Bridgeton, England's most notorious rake, strides into the ballroom, Lady Sara Carrington immediately plans to lure him onto the terrace. The willful beauty's brothers want to marry her off to some stodgy old man to curb her wildness, so she's determined to find her own husband -- one who won't care what she does. Nick is not only indecently handsome and irresistibly charming; he'll also be absolutely perfect.

He Wanted a Mistress

Never has Nick received a more tantalizing proposal -- but because of his past, he's sworn never to marry. Instead, he agrees to give the innocent chit instruction in the art of seduction to help her plan succeed. But when "demonstration" kisses become burningly real, and Sara turns the tables by applying her lessons to him, the infamous rake is in danger of falling in love...with the miss he'd only meant to bed!

I hope that's it Wink
bavarian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You so much, brwneyedbeauty!

Seducing Sara, that's the book I was searching for! But how did You do it? Reading the blurb I would never have guessed it was the right book! Did Yu read the book recently?

Thanks again!
brwneyedbeauty

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, bavarian! Honestly, that's the only book I've read with a theme like that. I don't remember the Paris part, but the part about the headaches and his mom are what made me figure it out. It's been quite a few years since I've read it. Enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: