AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Start of DWTS All-Stars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vol Fan, while Shawn was good, I feel the same -too much acrobatic/gymnastic moves. She was not a favorite for me, maybe this was the reason.

Kelly's freestyle dirty dancing was good but I preferred Melissa's. I didn't find it silly as dick did Smile - I thought it was a beautiful contemporary, something different. It reminds me of some of the contemporary from SYTYCD.

You have a point about the vote manipulatin by judges and I agree that it is more of a popularity contest. I don't know if that will ever change. That also happened on Ameican Idol, although I don't watch that show in years.

It would be nice to see all the celebs basically start off on the same level (no dancing experience) and watch them grow each week. That I think would be more fun and interesting to watch.

I would like Melissa or Kelly to win.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dick - Melissa did contemporary style which is a very different, organic style of dance. Her moves fit the genre very well, I'm sure they had someone who is an expert in the genre come in and help Tony do the choreo.

I agree about Shawn's routine and her name SHAWN in huge lights when she started was a bit much. Rolling Eyes

I agree that the judges are being kind to Melissa this season, I think it's more about Tony maybe. It's high time he had a win and I think the judges want him to have it. That said, she's pretty equal to Kelly as far as dancing goes so if either wins I think it would be 'fair'.

I think where Derek and Shawn may have made the mistake of leaving an opening is in breaking hold and knowing their scores would suffer because of it.

Debbie - I am in the same place with SOA, I just can't get over it. It's not the same without him. I hate that Clay is still alive after all he's done and we lost our precious Opie. By the way, I am reading Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan right now and getting a SOA vibe fromt his book, it's so good!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009N539DS?ie=UTF8&ref=oce_digital

Linda
jebe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm in the minority here b/c I really am rooting for Shawn still Embarassed . I loved their finale dance, I didn't think there was too much gymnastics, that's just her calling card. The routine had aspects of all their dances through the season. And that first dance? It rocked the first time and it rocked last night, too. They were dead on when they said they thought their fans would want to see that again b/c I'm a fan and it was my fav of the season.

If Shawn doesn't win, I'm hoping Kelly will. I loved her paso and that finale was just the right touch for her.

Melissa is a sweetheart and I love Tony as much as the next person, but I thought the contemporary freestyle was bland. But, man, did those judges love it!
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, regarding SOA - as Jax said in last week's episode Clay is responsible for everything -- everything bad. I wish he would go. I cannot believe the created of the show killed off Opie. Opie was a big part of the show and foe me something is missing with him gone. I would have preferred the other guy to die off, can't remember his name. He's the the guy that his daughter was burned - and it's because of him why Opie ended up dying.

jebe, I mentioned in my previous post Kelly's paso was my fav in the first dances. That's what so great about starting a threat, we bring our different opinions, our likes/dislike, comparison, etc. I found Melissa's contemporary, beautiful and different than the usual freestyle. It held my interest.

Shawn is good but I felt it was the same every week, to me her dances had more gymnastics routine than the actual dance moves.

O.k. ladies, let see who'll win.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie wrote:
Linda, regarding SOA - as Jax said in last week's episode Clay is responsible for everything -- everything bad. I wish he would go. I cannot believe the created of the show killed off Opie. Opie was a big part of the show and foe me something is missing with him gone. I would have preferred the other guy to die off, can't remember his name. He's the the guy that his daughter was burned - and it's because of him why Opie ended up dying.

jebe, I mentioned in my previous post Kelly's paso was my fav in the first dances. That's what so great about starting a threat, we bring our different opinions, our likes/dislike, comparison, etc. I found Melissa's contemporary, beautiful and different than the usual freestyle. It held my interest.

Shawn is good but I felt it was the same every week, to me her dances had more gymnastics routine than the actual dance moves.

O.k. ladies, let see who'll win.

I'm so excited that Melissa and Tony won!! Woohoo!! Very Happy

Debbie - SOA, I agree, a big part of the show is missing and what a shame they felt they had to kill off such a well loved character. The guy you're thinking of is Tig and although I like his character and his humor anyone would have been better to go than Opie. Now I'm wondering if we're going to lose Juice, I really don't want to.

Linda
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda, I am happy for them too. Tony was on top of the world. Now it!s Max's turn to win Smile

SOA - I can do without Tig - just don't like him. I hope Juice stays too. Piney, Opie's father was killed (of course by Clay) I liked him, he's gone. The older cop, I like him too but he's probably going to go soon. I feel so bad for Jax, you can see how lost he is with Opie gone. Season finale next week - went too fast, now we have to wait for a year.

Thank you for the suggestion to check out "Undeniable".
jebe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, I'm disappointed that Shawn or Kelly didn't win! Crying or Very sad This was the first season, tho, that I watched all the way through from beginning to end. Usually I drop off after the first few and rejoin when there's about 5-6 people left. This was a great season!
bookmark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly was my first choice to win and Shawn was my second. Too bad Melissa won. Her dances were kind of boring.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can only mobile link the article and I don't think that would work for anyone on a regular PC. An article linked on twitter via DWTS Gossip. It says that ratings for DWTS were off by 3 million (no surprise) and they are going to go to just one season a year (spring) rather than two. This quote from it amused me!

**Total viewership for the past season was off by 20 percent.
Bringing back past champs Shawn Johnson, Emmitt Smith, Drew Lachey and the like seemed like “a great idea,” Disney CFO Jay Rasulo admitted this week at a financial conference in New York.
“Turns out people didn’t want to see people who could dance. They wanted people who couldn’t dance,” Rasulo said.

Lol! I think maybe they are right though, I'm always rooting for those that had the greatest journey rather than those that found it easy to dance.

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: