AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help in identifying a book.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bookmark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Help in identifying a book. Reply with quote

I remember browsing through a book a month or so ago but did not get it at the time after talking myself out of it, but now I change my mind and want to read it.

I *think* it was a paranormal. It *could* be a young adult book. I do know the cover depicted a female's back (I think she was in a squatting position) with a big tattoo (?) with wings, covering her whole back. The heroine was asian or mixed asian/caucasian. I realize how little information I'm providing there and not all with certain facts/info. I was scouring the web for that book by the cover, but no luck.

Thanks so much if anyone can give me clues.
Pop Tart

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melissa Marr's book INK EXCHANGE (sequel to WICKED LOVELY) has a cover like you're describing. The book is young adult paranormal. Here's a link to the Goodreads listing http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2321296.Ink_Exchange

Not sure if the heroine is Asian - though the cover image suggests it.
bookmark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick response! But that's not the book I was looking for. The book cover I remember was in lighter color and most of the back was seen, there wasn't much of the face, if all, depicted. Also the book was told in first person.

I know there's not much to on. *hangs head*
AngieMB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning? The paperback shows the heroine's back, and she has wings tatooed on the top part of her back. I think the tatoo was just for the cover though, maybe to represent the Fae because I don't remember Mac having any tatoos, at least not that particular one. This is the 5th book in the Fever series. Great series.

http://www.amazon.com/Shadowfever-MacKayla-Lane-Book-5/dp/0440244412/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347467321&sr=8-1&keywords=shadowfever
bookmark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Angie, but it's definitely not Shadowfever because I already read it and it was good.

The cover I remember just had a big picture of a woman/girl's back with tattoo and wings that takes up 95% of the cover.

Who knew it would be so freaking hard to track down this book? Now I'm so determined to find it. *shakes fist*

It'll just be my luck that once I miraculously find it, it'll turn out to be not the book I wanted. Since I did browse through quite a few books at that time. *sighs*
AngieMB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not any of the Mercy Thompson books is it?
bookmark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngieMB wrote:
It's not any of the Mercy Thompson books is it?

No. Thanks for trying!!
CG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to clarify, is the big tattoo of wings or does she have wings and a big tatto? And was it a mass market paperback, trade paperback, hardcover or e-book?
bookmark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CG wrote:
I wanted to clarify, is the big tattoo of wings or does she have wings and a big tatto? And was it a mass market paperback, trade paperback, hardcover or e-book?

I believe it was a big tattoo and she had wings, although it's possible that it was a tattoo with wings also. The color scheme of the cover was white/pale overall not dark. It was an e-book. Thanks for asking.
CG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few possibilities-

Angel's Ink by Jocelynn Drake
The Watcher by Lisa Voisin
Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it Embrace byJessica Shirvington

http://www.amazon.com/Embrace-ebook/dp/B006PJKCOE/ref=pd_sim_kstore_89

Here is the blurb:

It starts with a whisper: "It's time for you to know who you are..."

On her 17th birthday, everything will change for Violet Eden. The boy she loves will betray her. Her enemy will save her. She will have to decide just how much she's willing to sacrifice.

Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, EMBRACE is a compelling novel of good and evil, seductive desires and impossible choices. A centuries old war between fallen angels and the protectors of humanity chooses a new fighter. It's a battle Violet doesn't want, but she lives her life by two rules: don't run and don't quit. If angels seek vengeance and humans are the warriors, you could do a lot worse than betting on Violet Eden.

LINCOLN: He's been Violet's one anchor, her running partner and kickboxing trainer. Only he never told her he's Grigori—part human, part angel—and that he was training her for an ancient battle between Angels and Exiles.

PHOENIX: No one knows where his loyalties lie, yet he's the only one there to pick up the pieces and protect her after Lincoln's lies. In a world of dark and light, he is all shades of gray.

Two sides: Angel or Exile.
Two guys: Lincoln or Phoenix.
The wrong choice could cost not only her life, but her eternity...

"In her YA paranormal romance debut, Jessica Shirvington combines "the badass-action of Vampire Academy, the complex love triangles of Twilight, and the angel mythology of Fallen, taken one step further." —Book Couture

"Shirvington's debut is smart, edgy and addictive—and sure to leave readers clamoring for the rest of the series."— Kirkus Reviews, STARRED

"One of the best YA novels we've seen in a while. Get ready for a confident, kick-butt, well-defined heroine." — RT Book Reviews

maggie b.
bookmark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so miuch CG and Maggie for trying!! You have no idea how much I really appreciate it! Unfortunately still no matches. I admit defeat. I've scoured through so many covers that my eyes are crossed. If I was meant to find it again...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: