AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ruthie Knox - Along Came Trouble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jane A

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Ruthie Knox - Along Came Trouble Reply with quote

Has anyone read this one? This is the first book by Knox that I've picked up and perhaps that was a mistake because I'm pretty much hating it. The heroine is very unappealing. Further, for some indiscernible reason the hero has fallen for her in a few short days, wanting to spend his life with her and her little boy. I'm not feeling the love.

Should I ditch this one and try one of her previous books? I'm wondering how this one compares to those and if this is an author others like that I'm not going to.

edit: Oops, I put this in the wrong forum! Oh well, answers appreciated anyway!
Lynda X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't finish ALONG CAME TROUBLE for the same reason you are having trouble too. Ruthie Knox is a hit or miss for me, but when she hits, she's very good. I suggest that you try her novella BIG BOY which I found erotic and very romantic and believable--for a romance. It's not too expensive, but I loved it.
willaful

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say this has been Knox's least popular book, so I would definitely try her again. I agree that Big Boy is fantastic, though also not super typical of her, so you might try How to Misbehave to get a short, inexpensive shot.
msaggie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Ruthie Knox books Reply with quote

Jane A I have only read two Ruthie Knox books, both of which I enjoyed tremendously - About Last Night and Ride with Me. Both have reviews at Dear Author, and AAR has reviewed About Last Night. I would recommend these highly - but check out the reviews first in case you don't like the plot lines.
Jane A

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the recs on her novellas. I think first, though, I'll do as msaggie suggests and try either Ride With Me or About Last Night since they've gotten such great buzz. The plotlines on both sound good, (but then so did ALN). They certainly are inexpensive enough! I just got suckered into this one because it was even less at .99.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: