AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hero in hospital

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Hero in hospital Reply with quote

Can you help me with romance novels where the hero is injured or sick and in the hospital. The ones I can think of are:
Crush-Sandra Brown
Kill and Tell-Linda Howard
I Shall Not Want-Julia Spencer Fleming
Home Again-Kristan Hannah
Judyblueeyes

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercy- Julie Garwood

Hero is in the hospital for the first chapter
JaneO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mary Jo Putney's The Bargain. Hero is not only in the hospital, he's expected to die. He doesn't.
Kayne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hero in hospital Reply with quote

Linda Howard, White Lies
jaime

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa Kleypas - The Devil In Winter. Hero not in hospital but seriously injured and in sick bed for significant amount of time.
JudyZ6666

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hero in hospital Reply with quote

Scatter wrote:
Can you help me with romance novels where the hero is injured or sick and in the hospital. The ones I can think of are:
Crush-Sandra Brown
Kill and Tell-Linda Howard
I Shall Not Want-Julia Spencer Fleming
Home Again-Kristan Hannah

A Marriage to Fight For by Raina Lynn
Because of You by Jessica Scott
willaful

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Putney, One Perfect Rose. Dying hero.

Love According to Lily by Julianne McLean. Hero has some kind of chronic illness, IIRC.
xina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Hero in hospital Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
Linda Howard, White Lies

White Lies by Linda Howard and the historical version...Lost In Your Arms by Christina Dodd. The stories are very similar.
Also, One Fine Day by Theresa Weir. Hero has suffered a stroke and his estranged wife Molly (heroine) returns to take care of him. One of my favorite romances by this aurthor.
KataO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer Campaign by Carla Kelly, if I recall correctly.
Kerstin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lisa Kleypas-Blue eyed devil. Hero is in hospital because he was shot but it happens at the end.

Kerstin
Elaine S

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Ware's Refusal by Marjorie Farrell - hero hospitalised in the beginning of the story.
Dreaming of You

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you specifically looking for stories where the hero is in the hospital also stories where the hero has some sort of serious injury-there definitely seem to be more of the latter. In terms of stories where the hero is in the hospital:

Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale- hero is in a mental institution for a good chunk of the book.

Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward: The heroine is a doctor who meets the hero when he's brought to her ER and she saves his life.
Yulie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerstin wrote:
Lisa Kleypas-Blue eyed devil. Hero is in hospital because he was shot but it happens at the end.

It's not a significant part of the story, though - more like the sort of ending you see a lot in RS, with the hero getting shot or otherwise injured while saving/helping the heroine.

JudyZ6666's suggestion of Because of You is a good one - the hero spends much of the book hospitalized or in rehab, and Jessica Scott does a good job with the realities of that situation. I also liked Dreaming of You's choice of Flowers from the Storm.

Other books that come to mind are:
* Shattered Rainbows, in which the injury to the hero is a serious one and requires some pretty advanced for the time medical care.
* Julia Quinn's Just Like Heaven (hero suffers from a serious infection) and When He Was Wicked (malaria), though neither hero is hospitalized and JLH is pretty dull. Another book in which the hero has malaria is Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas.
* Lots of injured heroes in Marsha Canham's books, though no hospitals that I can recall. In Pale Moon Rider they hide the hero in some attic while they treat him for a gunshot wound.
* Jennifer Donnelly's The Winter Rose, in which both the hero (Sid) and the hero of the previous book (Joe from The Tea Rose) are at one time or another shot and/or hospitalized - and in Joe's case, it has serious long-term effects. IIRC, Kerstin hated this book, but I liked it.
* Jamie Fraser is hurt in some way or another in pretty much every Outlander book. Really, it's a good thing Clare's a nurse and later a doctor. He needs all the help he can get.
* In The Bronze Horseman, Alexander Belov/Barrington ends up in a field hospital after being seriously wounded in battle. He is also injured in Tatiana and Alexander and is hospitalized after getting shot in The Summer Garden. Good thing Tatiana's a nurse, because he too can use all the help he can get.
* Tammara Webber's Between the Lines and the rest of the trilogy - Reed Alexander, who is basically a villain in book 1, is hospitalized with appendicitis in BTL; his own book (Good For You) starts with him in the hospital after a DUI car crash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: