AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suspense/Mystery Books Discussion...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outlandish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MrsFairfax"]
Outlandish wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend's passing. That's rough, and I definitely see how you would want the characters to have the second chance you never got. I know it's hard, missing him.

I equate Demott with the guy I was briefly engaged to because he was a sweetie and everyone else thought it was a great idea. Totally identified with the way Raleigh felt resentful at having to feel guilty because she hadn't thought to return his calls. I thought Sibella wrote that wonderfully well, because I remember how it felt to unthinkingly cause that sort of hurt ("You couldn't pick Fielding?") and not even realize I was doing it until too late.

If it touched us both where we live, it must be a good series, huh? Smile

Simply speaking, yes the series is rather a good one. Most emotionally provoking novels (happy or sad) tends to become a gem in my book.

Thanks for your word of comfort; sometimes life's biggest regrets stems from unintentionally hurting someone who doesn't deserve that wrath. But Sean's memories will always stay with me, I'm forever grateful that we had the chance to patched up before he drew his last breath.

With that said, I've realized now more than ever that sometimes our own personal life experience (particular in recent events) would string us to vote for any particular couple. Which makes this series especially hard to endure, though I have no doubt that I would continue to do so, simply because Sibella's writing is so pleasantly good.
Maggie AAR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished The Rivers Run Dry, book two in the Raleigh Harmon series. Liked it a lot. Need to work on some review books before I get to do book three. (sob!) I'm really enjoying the series. Can't wait till I am caught up.

maggie b.
Lea AAR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's time to start a new thread to continue the discussion. This one has reached it's limit.

I'll keep this thread open another day before locking to further comments. Hopefully a new one will be up and running by then.

Audiobooks Bookshelf at Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4403718
Lea AAR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Tee for starting the new thread.

This thread is now locked to future comments. You can find the new thread at:
http://likesbooks.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=10714

Audiobooks Bookshelf at Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4403718
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: