AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fifty shades new discussion (6th FSOG thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerstin wrote:
[Linda, you don't know "Gone with the wind" and the church ladies along the Bible belt are reading Fifty shades of Grey. No wonder the Tea party get their knickers in a twist. Gary Larson would say: "This place is slipping!" Wink

Kerstin

A sure sign the Apocalypse is coming, lol

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Kerstin wrote:
[Linda, you don't know "Gone with the wind" and the church ladies along the Bible belt are reading Fifty shades of Grey. No wonder the Tea party get their knickers in a twist. Gary Larson would say: "This place is slipping!" Wink

Kerstin

A sure sign the Apocalypse is coming, lol

Linda

And it's all the fault of 50 Shades. Every last bit of it!
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[And it's all the fault of 50 Shades. Every last bit of it!

*snort!* Laughing

Here is a recent interview with E.L. James discussing the books, what's being tweeted, music, etc. One of the best interviews I've seen with her so far, imho.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/9525679/Fifty-Shades-of-Grey-author-Im-not-such-a-pervert.html

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

Here is a recent interview with E.L. James discussing the books, what's being tweeted, music, etc. One of the best interviews I've seen with her so far, imho.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/booknews/9525679/Fifty-Shades-of-Grey-author-Im-not-such-a-pervert.html

Linda

What a fun interview. I like the point she made about her design of the covers. Thank-you for that, because more publishers are following in her footsteps. Also, about the Story of O not being a passionate love story and Fifty is. So many of the BDSM books being recommended don't have the love story. Nice interview..thanks for posting it!
Judyblueeyes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved her interview. She is thinking about a Christian POV, I am still not on that bandwagon.

I really want her to write US a new story, with a new couple to fall for and like I have said a million times try do a better job writing the drama part. To bring up "If I Were You" as an example, there isn't a need to have constant drama, just a really good something with a big arch that we can't wait to read through.

It took James 18 months to write FSoG so I hope she has been writing, because I am waiting. (and it better not be part of a story marketed as a complete story and part of a trilogy!!!)
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda got the impression she was saying she's too busy to write right now. Xina, I also caught the comment on the Story of O and I couldn't agree more, same goes with the Sleeping Beauty books. Fifty's strength is the love story above all else.

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on my mom reading Fifty Shades. I asked her if she was still reading it and she said with a certain look. Yes. I said..Well what do you think? She says..That's the sexiest book I ever read! I said..sexy in a good way, bad way or you don't know way? She said..No, in a GOOD way! lol I told her they were making a movie out of it and her jaw dropped. Very Happy

And a mom funny, my mom always gets expressions and words mixed up. For instance instead of saying that's so 'over the top' she'll say 'that's so over the hill!' lol So next I had asked her if Betty was reading it, Betty is my MIL and also in the church club and my mom answered yes. And I said *really*?? And she said..Yes, you think she's a prune but she's not a prune. She meant to say prude. Laughing

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Update on my mom reading Fifty Shades. I asked her if she was still reading it and she said with a certain look. Yes. I said..Well what do you think? She says..That's the sexiest book I ever read! I said..sexy in a good way, bad way or you don't know way? She said..No, in a GOOD way! lol I told her they were making a movie out of it and her jaw dropped. Very Happy

And a mom funny, my mom always gets expressions and words mixed up. For instance instead of saying that's so 'over the top' she'll say 'that's so over the hill!' lol So next I had asked her if Betty was reading it, Betty is my MIL and also in the church club and my mom answered yes. And I said *really*?? And she said..Yes, you think she's a prune but she's not a prune. She meant to say prude. Laughing

Linda

Ha! Love it Linda! It seems like she is enjoying it! And she is not a prude..or a prune! Smile I am thinking of a reread soon to connect with the love story again that has interested readers of all ages.
erika

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About our parents reading FS, well my mom was in college during the 60's. I bet FS is tame compared to the antics of our parents and grandparents were aware of in the 60's and 70's!!! My mom was telling me of her friends romantic relationships in the 60's and not once did I have the courage to ask her about hers, lol.
Judyblueeyes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erika wrote:
About our parents reading FS, well my mom was in college during the 60's. I bet FS is tame compared to the antics of our parents and grandparents were aware of in the 60's and 70's!!! My mom was telling me of her friends romantic relationships in the 60's and not once did I have the courage to ask her about hers, lol.

So true, although I am not totally sure my mother would of been your 60's free loving kinda girl, she is such the opposite. But she does blow through a pile of paperback historical romances a week.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video interview with E.L. James' hubby! Very good interview, the part I liked best is when the interviewer asks what characteristics of his wife he sees in Anastasia and he replied that he sees her in the emails, that she has this incredible ability to flirt via email. I think that's cool considering I've heard most readers say that the emails were one of their favorite aspects of the books and I agree.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_bn9#/video/showbiz/2012/09/10/mclaughlin-mr-50-shades-of-grey.cnn

And an MSNBC interview with him -

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48986319/ns/today-books/#.UE-J_ezDuLQ

Linda

Last edited by Linda in sw va on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kerstin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda,

I tried to email you regard. the mag but the mail bounced back two times. I'll send you the text of the mail as private message.

Kerstin
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerstin wrote:
Linda,

I tried to email you regard. the mag but the mail bounced back two times. I'll send you the text of the mail as private message.

Kerstin

How strange, i'm getting other emails, hmmm!

Linda
KataO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Video interview with E.L. James' hubby! Very good interview, the part I liked best is when the interviewer asks what characteristics of his wife he sees in Anastasia and he replied that he sees her in the emails, that she has this incredible ability to flirt via email. I think that's cool considering I've heard most readers say that the emails were one of their favorite aspects of the books and I agree.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_bn9#/video/showbiz/2012/09/10/mclaughlin-mr-50-shades-of-grey.cnn

This link didn't go to E.L. James' husbands interview. Can you give a new link?
xina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

And an MSNBC interview with him -

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48986319/ns/today-books/#.UE-J_ezDuLQ

Linda

I saw the Today Show interview this AM. Love the part where Savanah asked him if they have a Red Room Of Pain in their house and he just answered with a "no, we don't have room for that."...or something along those lines. LOL!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: