AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

True Blood Season 5----Anyone watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

Loved how animalistic he was in bed, grrrrr! Laughing

Linda

*Ruff,ruff* sex. Sorry..couldn't resist. hee!
jebe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
Linda in sw va wrote:

Loved how animalistic he was in bed, grrrrr! Laughing

Linda

*Ruff,ruff* sex. Sorry..couldn't resist. hee!

You two are sillyheads! Wink
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebe wrote:
[OhEmGee, LindaSweetie, we need to chat, girlfriend! I'm such a Klaus fan, it's hysterical. One of the ladies I work w/watched TVD, too, and she was just so taken aback when I said one day "that Klaus, he's kinda got a hot thing going on w/those ruby red lips, ya know?" Wink Now she's a Klaus fan, too! Would totally love to see a true Klaus/Caroline thing happen...and Amen, kill off Tyler, you nailed it, such a weenie! An entitled weenie at that!

Yay!! Someone else for a Caroline/Klause hook up! Right now we're stuck with Klaus inside of Tyler and that just will not do, let's hope they wrap that up by the first ep. It's true he has ruby red lips, never thought about it like that but they do look quite kissable. Very Happy

So out of curiosity now, between Damon and Klaus, which do you pick as the hottest hottie? Laughing

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[*Ruff,ruff* sex. Sorry..couldn't resist. hee!

Xina, into the doghouse for you, lmao!!

It was so cute when he asked what's her name (Rikki?) if she'd be his girlfriend, I guess thoughts of Sookie are long gone.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
xina wrote:
[*Ruff,ruff* sex. Sorry..couldn't resist. hee!

Xina, into the doghouse for you, lmao!!

It was so cute when he asked what's her name (Rikki?) if she'd be his girlfriend, I guess thoughts of Sookie are long gone.

Linda

Yes, I was going to mention that. Very sweet. I'm just loving Alcide this season even more than last. I wonder if it has anything to do with his shirt off every Sunday?? Hmmmm, probably not. Wink
jebe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
So out of curiosity now, between Damon and Klaus, which do you pick as the hottest hottie? Laughing

HaHa! Choices, choices, what's a girl to do? Cool Clearly they both bring something different to the table. I'd like to see more of Klaus, though, in the capacity of a relationship as opposed to running around being evil.

The real question is, Linda, do you prefer Stephan or Damon? I'm more a Stephan girl, but I love Damon, too. Just not for Elena!

P.S. I read some spoilers on TVLine by the showrunner and she said the whole Klaus-as-Tyler thing won't be a long term arc.

xina wrote:
I'm just loving Alcide this season even more than last. I wonder if it has anything to do with his shirt off every Sunday?? Hmmmm, probably not.

Welcome aboard, xina! Better make yourself a paper fan! Laughing
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebe wrote:
Linda in sw va wrote:

HaHa! Choices, choices, what's a girl to do? Cool Clearly they both bring something different to the table. I'd like to see more of Klaus, though, in the capacity of a relationship as opposed to running around being evil.

The real question is, Linda, do you prefer Stephan or Damon? I'm more a Stephan girl, but I love Damon, too. Just not for Elena!

P.S. I read some spoilers on TVLine by the showrunner and she said the whole Klaus-as-Tyler thing won't be a long term arc.

xina wrote:
I'm just loving Alcide this season even more than last. I wonder if it has anything to do with his shirt off every Sunday?? Hmmmm, probably not.

Oh my gosh jebe, we are so on the same page! I am a Stephan girl, for Elena anyway. I have some friends that love VD and I am very careful about saying this in front of them, lol. Yes I know Stephan has a big tilting head and Damon is cuter but they won me over with their relationship and I just can't make the transition to Damon/Elena. Not that I don't think Damon is super pretty to look at. Smile

To bring this around to True Blood, I was also invested in the Bill/Sookie relationship and wasn't thrilled to see it go over to Eric, but I did end up enjoying that as well. Maybe I'd feel that way about Damon and Elena, I don't know..

Linda
jebe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
To bring this around to True Blood, I was also invested in the Bill/Sookie relationship and wasn't thrilled to see it go over to Eric, but I did end up enjoying that as well. Maybe I'd feel that way about Damon and Elena, I don't know..

Linda

I used to be such a diehard Bill/Sookie proponent, but this new Bill is just such a turn-off. Just a few episodes ago, he was pretend glamoring her and imploring her to live her life to the fullest and now he's all let's-blow-up-some-TrueBlood-factories so all vamps will feed on humans? Huh?!

I was never an Eric/Sookie fan and I'm still not, but lately I like Eric more than Bill. After those flashbacks to how he made Pam and how he's not all caught up in The Authority, he's just so much more appealing.
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! So much ground to cover! Here's my take on it all.

Alcide- LOVE seeing him be alpha and getting (what I hope) is a cool girlfriend and one who actually likes him. (And incidentally I want a refund on my Magic Mike admission- the whole movie has less of him in it than 5 minutes of True Blood.)

Bill- I think he's plotting something. There's no way they are having him do a total 180 and suddenly be against mainstreaming and want to farm humans. He's letting them think he's in so he can pull whatever maneuver he has up his sleeve.

I'm also invested in the Bill/Sookie relationship as I think the TV series is definitely thinking of them as the main relationship. Unlike the books I'd say it's almost certain the series will end with them as a couple. I was hugely disappointed in how his relationship with Sookie went in the books and I really like the way the series has handled Bill.

SO happy to see the Stefan fans here! I am 100% a Stefan/Elena fan. I thought their relationship was just wonderful. I know all the teenybopper fans are in love with Damon but personality wise who in their right mind would choose him over Stefan?

I cannot get into the Klaus thing at all- sorry. He's just too girly looking or something for my taste (plus hello- evil and spoiled to boot.) Not a huge Tyler fan either but I do feel bad for him- he hasn't had the best year.

I will admit to a totally age inappropriate (and probably a little creepy) crush on Jeremy though. I adored him and Anna together and wish they would bring her back. He never really sparked with Bonnie IMHO.

Really sad about Alaric, it was nice to have one adult on the show! And one I didn't have to be embarrassed about for thinking he was handsome. He really aged well. I think he is so much better looking than in his "Legally Blonde" days.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisreader - I totally have a crush on Jeremy!! Hey in real life he is actually older than Elena so we are allowed, lol. Honestly I think it's that his looks somewhat remind me of one of my favorite book characters, I think of that when i see him. I really liked him with Ana and would like to see more of him on the show. I forget, is it only dead vampires he can see? I don't think he's seen his mom or dad?

Back to True Blood - I would really like to think this is a clever plan of Bill's and that he's not just being stupid so they can play around with his character. I like him solid in his mainstream beliefs.

And can you believe Jessica bit Jason? She definitely still needs to work on beig impulsive when she's angry, haha.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebe wrote:

Thanks jebe! I'm liking this season with Alcide. I think they have gotten the clue that viewers like to see him w/o his shirt, or whatever else he takes off. Smile He certainly is appealing. That's an understatement.
xina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

Back to True Blood - I would really like to think this is a clever plan of Bill's and that he's not just being stupid so they can play around with his character. I like him solid in his mainstream beliefs.

Linda

I sort of thought that may be where all this leading when Eric turned to him and asked, "What are you doing?" Almost like he suspects the same. I don't know.
jebe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's starting to look like all hope for Bill may be lost! I'm so over this Authority/Lillith storyline, you have no idea. Although, it's ironic b/c I was never Eric's biggest fan and I know so many of you were waiting for last season when the whole amnesia thing happened. I think that was a big turning point for many of you, but for me, it's this season. He's so much more appealing to me now.

I LOL'd when Lafayette made the comment about Whoopi Goldberg in Ghost!

I do think they took a page out of The Vampire Diaries w/that flash/wrap ending to two storylines in one episode. TVD is classic for packing so much into an episode and TB pretty much wrapped up the Smoke Monster thingy and the Dragon arcs in one fell swoop. They'll probably spend the rest of the episodes building up this Warlow character to be the next Big Bad for Season 6.
ChrisReader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Bill will be "lost" unless it's a big twist they are setting up for the final. I think this is just the series creating tension (or I could be totally wrong) because I don't think they would ever make Bill irredeemable, even if it does serve to make Eric more heroic.

I was happy to see that Hoyt's Mom wasn't really the Dragon. I think she is a fun character and even though she despised Jess I certainly didn't care to see her as the head of a hate group.

I'm glad they wrapped the smoke monster storyline up and felt bad for Terry. (I guess Arlene believes in curses now- and ghost Rene certainly wasn't lying to her about Patrick).

I'm thinking that somehow Bill or Eric end up taking out Salome and becoming head of the Vampire council by season's end.

It's kind of an odd season. It seems disjointed somehow with all the characters scattered in different directions and not interacting with each other at all. I can't remember a season where Sookie goes the whole time with barely any scenes with Eric or Bill. It's like there are six different storylines going on that aren't really intersecting at all. I'm hoping the last three episodes are more interesting and really wrap things up.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got caught up on Sunday's ep!

Wow that was an action packed ep. I agree that this season has been a bit disjointed with so many storylines going on but I would say that this last ep kinda brought them all together in a more cohesive way than they have in earlier eps.

Where to start?

Fafayette, love him so much! But boy he gets pulled into everything, no rest for him, haha. I am enjoying his ability to see ghosts.

I'm assuming now from Bill's taste of Salome's blood and his 'vision' that it's her blood in the vial instead of Lilith's, am I reading that right?

I too am glad that Hoyt's mama wasn't the Dragon leader.

Loved seeing Arlene stand up for her family, you go girl!

Bill, ugh, he is acting like such a dumb-ass.

We're still not much closer to finding out who Warlow (?) is, talking to Bud about finding Sookie's parents did seem to shed any light in that area.

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: