AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kristen Ashley, have you read her?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
I just started Knight last night. I don't know what to think. LOL! More later.....

Yeah, that's what I though when reading it, lol. WTF? LOL I think if I had read other books by this author before Knight I would have been more prepared for her style because even among her other heroes Knight is..different. I kept thinking this guy must be in the mafia with his street dialog, controlling nature and paranoia. Shocked I'm going to go back for a reread sometime now that I'm more used to her style.

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lea AAR wrote:
[I'm having the same problem with Wild Man. It doesn't seem to have the pep or sensuality of Mystery Man. Maybe I'll skim to the end as well.

Thank you for saying that, I was wondering if it was just me.

Linda
Kayne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am liking The Gamble. I gave it another try and when the bickering stopped at around 10% the story got good. There is a mystery and I was unable to guess the villain for a long time. I liked that the story took place in the Colorado mountains. Reading about them snowmobiling and the descriptions of the scenery was cool and I liked both lead characters (once they were done arguing).
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
I am liking The Gamble. I gave it another try and when the bickering stopped at around 10% the story got good. There is a mystery and I was unable to guess the villain for a long time. I liked that the story took place in the Colorado mountains. Reading about them snowmobiling and the descriptions of the scenery was cool and I liked both lead characters (once they were done arguing).

Thanks for the update, hmmmmm! Was there any humor?

Linda
Kayne

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Thanks for the update, hmmmmm! Was there any humor?

Linda

I don't remember any humorous moments that made me laugh.
erika

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An author I would rec if one liked KA is R.L Mathewson. I recently read Playing For Keeps and loved it. It had moments where I lol. Its part of a series.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erika wrote:
An author I would rec if one liked KA is R.L Mathewson. I recently read Playing For Keeps and loved it. It had moments where I lol. Its part of a series.

This is only .99 cents at B&N, certainly worth trying, thanks for the rec!

Linda
erika

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
erika wrote:

This is only .99 cents at B&N, certainly worth trying, thanks for the rec!

Linda

She has a good sized backlists and they're .99 cents and 300+ pages!
dallase

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently on a Kristen Ashley glom. Right now I'm reading Motorcycle Man and have had a few LOL moments.

I'm up-to-date on the Colorado Mtn series and the 'Burg series. I haven't read the Rock Chick series, but I'm thinking that I'll have to do that since some of those "Hot Guy Heroes" have shown up in a few of the other books.

I read Knight and unlike some, I enjoyed it, so looking forward to the next one in that series.

I had downloaded Playing for Keeps by Mathewson but haven't read it yet. Might have to take a break from Ashley and read it next. LOL
Kayne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the middle of the Rock Chick series and am wondering if anyone knows if Luke will be getting his story?
I have really enjoyed a Kristen Ashley glom this summer with my favorites being (not in order): Play It Safe, Games of the Heart, Heaven and Hell, For You, and Mystery Man. I see her new book about Chase from the Colorado Mountain Series will be out July 25th.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gearing up for Motorcycle Man, having just finished Law Man!

So far Mystery Man is my favorite.

Linda
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am cruising through Motorcycle Man, this one might be my new favorite! He is so outrageous, hilarious. Also liking that this one is a reasonable 330 pages, the 900+ page installments she puts out are really longer than the story warrants.

Linda
jaime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read my first Kristen Ashley book. I read Motorcycle Man and I enjoyed the ride, heh, heh. I realize now it is part of a series, so I better read the other ones too.

The funny thing is that all the things that usually bother me in self-published works like spotty editing and grammar didn't bother me here. It was like I was carried along by the force of the hero's personality. And what a hero! An alpha male to out-alpha other alpha males. He was blunt. He was coarse. He was an ass. And I liked him. Huh. Very Happy
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaime wrote:
I just read my first Kristen Ashley book. I read Motorcycle Man and I enjoyed the ride, heh, heh. I realize now it is part of a series, so I better read the other ones too.

The funny thing is that all the things that usually bother me in self-published works like spotty editing and grammar didn't bother me here. It was like I was carried along by the force of the hero's personality. And what a hero! An alpha male to out-alpha other alpha males. He was blunt. He was coarse. He was an ass. And I liked him. Huh. Very Happy

Perfect description! Out of the Dream Man series there are two that I really enjoyed, Mystery Man and Motorcycle Man. The rest were kind of a slog to get through, though they had their moments.

So now I'm wondering what KA book to pick up next..Tack is going to be a hard act to follow. Very Happy

Linda
Jane A

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
I am in the middle of the Rock Chick series and am wondering if anyone knows if Luke will be getting his story?

Yes, he does in the 5th book - Rock Chick Revenge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: