AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kristen Ashley, have you read her?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kayne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking forward to Ally's book, the last in the Rock Chick series. I'm not sure who the H will be in this one. No excerpt yet at her website. I also see she is doing a spin off that might include Darius' story.
xtacy20

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
I am looking forward to Ally's book, the last in the Rock Chick series. I'm not sure who the H will be in this one. No excerpt yet at her website. I also see she is doing a spin off that might include Darius' story.

I think Ally's hero might be Ren aka Lorenzo Zano. There's a very interesting scene between the two of them at the end of Breathe.

Btw I've just gotten hooked on this author. Love going through her huge backlist!
Kayne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtacy20 wrote:
I think Ally's hero might be Ren aka Lorenzo Zano. There's a very interesting scene between the two of them at the end of Breathe.

Btw I've just gotten hooked on this author. Love going through her huge backlist!

Now that you mention it, I remember reading that about Ally and Ren. I would be interested to hear what your favorites are so far of her books?
xina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished Sweet Dreams last night (yes, I'm still riding the KA GlomTrain) and I liked it, although I found it too lengthy. Tate reminded me of the hero in Motorcyle Man, which is a good thing..enjoyed that book. I had a problem toward the end of SD and am wondering if this bothered other readers.....Spoiler ahead/
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I was really disappointed with the way all the characters brushed off Neeta's death. She had been tortured by a serial killer and they mostly acted like they were glad to have her out of the way. I get that she was the bad mom, a nightmare really, but to just brush that aside without contemplating her suffering was strange. The author should have written a car accident being that she was an alcoholic and would get in her car and drive while drunk.

Reading so much of this author lately I notice that she uses the word "torso" quite a bit. A lot of bending and swinging of the torso.
xtacy20

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayne wrote:
Now that you mention it, I remember reading that about Ally and Ren. I would be interested to hear what your favorites are so far of her books?

I like the Dream Man books but not as much as the Colorado Mountain ones. I've re-read Breathe, The Gamble, and Law Man about 3 times now, so I guess those are my favorites.

I tried a Rock Chick (Revenge, I think) but didn't really get into it, so I'm putting that series on hold for now. Same with the 'Burg - Games of the Heart was just OK.

Any others you'd recommend?
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still stuck trying to get through The Gamble, it's a perfectly good book, I don't know why I can't seem to finish it.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
I'm still stuck trying to get through The Gamble, it's a perfectly good book, I don't know why I can't seem to finish it.

Linda

I'm about 10% into it. The heroine and her, "sorry?" is a little much, but I'm enjoying it anyway. The hero in this book isn't as intense as the other KA heroes. More like Mitch, from Law Man.
xtacy20

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the "sorry?" to be the British-speaking heroine's "pardon?", which the author's other heroines seem overly fond of saying.

I did enjoy the secondary characters much more in The Gamble though, especially Nina's mom.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[
I'm about 10% into it. The heroine and her, "sorry?" is a little much, but I'm enjoying it anyway. The hero in this book isn't as intense as the other KA heroes. More like Mitch, from Law Man.

The 'sorry?' drove me up the wall, more so than the 'pardon?' she likes to use with other heroines. Maybe it's the hero that's my problem, Tack from Motorcycle Man and Hawk from Mystery Man are so over the top it's hard to go back to just a plain old alpha, haha Maybe once I get this craving for the more extreme hero out of my system I'll go back to The Gamble.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

The 'sorry?' drove me up the wall, more so than the 'pardon?' she likes to use with other heroines. Maybe it's the hero that's my problem, Tack from Motorcycle Man and Hawk from Mystery Man are so over the top it's hard to go back to just a plain old alpha, haha Maybe once I get this craving for the more extreme hero out of my system I'll go back to The Gamble.

Linda

After reading so much Ashley lately, this hero seems like a kitten. I would add Tate, from Sweet Dreams to the list of over the top heroes, although I'm not that fond of a hero with a full beard. Still loved the book.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[After reading so much Ashley lately, this hero seems like a kitten. I would add Tate, from Sweet Dreams to the list of over the top heroes, although I'm not that fond of a hero with a full beard. Still loved the book.

Good to know, I just downloaded a sample.

I can't get past the alpha hero in Creed, ugh! I do not do kick ass heroines and this one has it in spades.

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

Good to know, I just downloaded a sample.

I can't get past the alpha hero in Creed, ugh! I do not do kick ass heroines and this one has it in spades.

Linda

I haven't started that one yet. Kick ass heroines generally aren't my thing either. All depends. I think you'll like sweet dreams. Hero starts off right away being a big jerk, calling the heroine "fat and old" behind her back and she hears him. Nice. He quickly redeems himself in typical KA style but remains the over-the-top alpha throughout the book, and the heroine loves him for it.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:
[. Hero starts off right away being a big jerk, calling the heroine "fat and old" behind her back and she hears him. Nice. He quickly redeems himself in typical KA style but remains the over-the-top alpha throughout the book, and the heroine loves him for it.

Oh Xina, that's awful, I hope he was teasing! lol

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:

Oh Xina, that's awful, I hope he was teasing! lol

Linda

Linda, This is at the start of the book when she is hired as a waitress at his bar. He's in a bad mood and she wasn't supposed to hear what he said. She ignores him and brushes him off quite a bit at the start of the book..because of his comment, which drives him crazy. I like the way KA writes older heroes and heroines. It's kind of refreshing.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xina wrote:

Linda, This is at the start of the book when she is hired as a waitress at his bar. He's in a bad mood and she wasn't supposed to hear what he said. She ignores him and brushes him off quite a bit at the start of the book..because of his comment, which drives him crazy. I like the way KA writes older heroes and heroines. It's kind of refreshing.

Xina, only just over 100 pages in so far but I love it, thanks for the rec!

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Romance Potpourri Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: