AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DWTS Season 14
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: DWTS Season 14 Reply with quote

Anyone else going to watch? March 19th is the day, I can't wait!

Few random thoughts - I'm surprised Maks is back but paired with Half Pint, this should be interesting. Happy to see Anna, she's my favorite female pro! Tristan is back YAY!! Love him! Can't say that any of the 'stars' seem interesting but will wait and see..

• Jack Wagner – General Hospital and more (Anna Trebunskya)
• Melissa Gilbert – Little House on the Prairie star (Maksim Chmerkovskiy)
• Donald Driver – Super Bowl champion, Green Bay Packers (Peta Murgatroyd)
• William Levy – Telenova Superstar, Jlo video (Cheryl Burke)
• Sherri Shepherd – The View host (Val Chmerkovskiy)
• Katherine Jenkins – Opera star (Mark Ballas)
• Gavin DeGraw – Pop singer (Karina Smirnoff)
• Martina Navratilova – Tennis legend (Tony Dovolani)
• Roshon Fegan – Star of Disney’s “Shake it Up” (Chelsea Hightower)
• Maria Menounos – TV Host (Derek Hough)
• Jaleel Shite – URKEL! Star of Family Matters (Kym Johnson)
• Gladys Knight – Motown legend (Tristan MacManus)

Linda
dick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't imagine my wife not watching, and if she does, I'm sure to be called away from whatever I'm reading to watch "You've got to see this!" moments, especially as the competition heats up. She's not going to like that it opens on March 19, though; we're supposed to be out of town then. She may want to cancel the trip when she learns.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dick wrote:
Can't imagine my wife not watching, and if she does, I'm sure to be called away from whatever I'm reading to watch "You've got to see this!" moments, especially as the competition heats up. She's not going to like that it opens on March 19, though; we're supposed to be out of town then. She may want to cancel the trip when she learns.

Awww that's cute, tell her that's what DVRs are for! Very Happy

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: DWTS Season 14 Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
Anyone else going to watch?

• Gavin DeGraw – Pop singer (Karina Smirnoff)
•

Linda

Gavin DeGraw?? LOL..I can't picture this, but I'll probably tune to watch him. Love his music.
I always tune in for the first few shows, then lose interest. I will give it another try this season. Smile
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: DWTS Season 14 Reply with quote

[quote="xina"]
Linda in sw va wrote:
Anyone else going to watch?
Gavin DeGraw?? LOL..I can't picture this, but I'll probably tune to watch him. Love his music.
I always tune in for the first few shows, then lose interest. I will give it another try this season. Smile

Xina, try to stick it out, it gets more interesting when the contestants get narrowed down!

I admit, I've heard the name Gavin DeGraw but I couldn't pick him out of a crowd if I tried. Does he sing country music?

Linda
xina

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: DWTS Season 14 Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
[

Xina, try to stick it out, it gets more interesting when the contestants get narrowed down!

I admit, I've heard the name Gavin DeGraw but I couldn't pick him out of a crowd if I tried. Does he sing country music?

Linda

I will LInda. I don't know why I always give up. There was one season where I watched the entire thing. I think it was one of the earlier ones.

No, Gavin Degraw is not a country singer (I'm not much of a fan of country). You are thinking of Tim McGraw...he's a cutie, but I don't listen to his music. Here is Gavin's new song. (Not Over You) I really like his music. The music video is a little silly, but the song is nice.

www.gavindegraw.com
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's now a little cheating scandal going on saying that Sherri Shephers has been practicing with Maks for months.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2012/03/dancing-with-the-stars-sherri-shepherd-says-she-isnt-breaking-rules.html

Linda
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the list in the original post. Sherri's partner is Val C, Maks' brother. She had not met him before. Sherri gave a statement on The View yesterday which should have cleared up the allegations. You can probably see it on The View's Web site.

Kay
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KayWebbHarrison wrote:
Check out the list in the original post. Sherri's partner is Val C, Maks' brother. She had not met him before. Sherri gave a statement on The View yesterday which should have cleared up the allegations. You can probably see it on The View's Web site.

Kay

Oh I know Val is Sherri's partner, I saw her reaction on the View. She took dancing lessons ahead of time at Maks studio and it is my understanding that some have accused her of cheating because of it. I haven't yet made up my mind about it, in a way I think it is yes, but I also think that the minute a celeb finds out they're going to be on DWTS the first thing they probably do is try to learn something head of time to get ready. I know I would!

Linda
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda in sw va wrote:
KayWebbHarrison wrote:

Kay

Oh I know Val is Sherri's partner, I saw her reaction on the View. She took dancing lessons ahead of time at Maks studio and it is my understanding that some have accused her of cheating because of it. I haven't yet made up my mind about it, in a way I think it is yes, but I also think that the minute a celeb finds out they're going to be on DWTS the first thing they probably do is try to learn something head of time to get ready. I know I would!

Linda,
I agree with you. Taking lessons in a studio is a lot different from performing a specific dance on live television.

Kay

Linda
KayWebbHarrison

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate deleted.

Last edited by KayWebbHarrison on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So big shocker, I'm going to start off watching the show again this season. Hopefully there will be some good dancers.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LinnieGayl wrote:
So big shocker, I'm going to start off watching the show again this season. Hopefully there will be some good dancers.

What did you think? I loved it!! I think this is going to be a great cast, funny and entertaining. My pleasant surprise of the night was Jaleel (Urkel), worth hanging around until the end.

I don't think Maks and Melissa are going to be around for long but that's ok. I'm still kinda peeved at Maks from last season.

Linda
LinnieGayl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could hardly believe it. I truly enjoyed the show last night. The cast is really good, with talent spread all over. And yes, lots of joy out on the dance floor!

I'll be interested to see their dances next week; at this point not sure who might go.
Linda in sw va

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So disappointed to see Sherri go! I know her dancing wasn't the best but I loved her personality and enjoyed her segments. I would have rather seen Melissa Gilbert or Gladys Knight go.

Also love Donald Driver and of course William Levy!

Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: