AAR
Click here for full forums index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Gentle Reminder: Please Read

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy AAR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: A Gentle Reminder: Please Read Reply with quote

First of all, the publishers and staff of AAR are delighted that the message boards are active once again, so thank you to everyone who is keeping the discussion lively.

As we announced when we took over the site, AARís new publishers are taking a hands-off approach to message board moderation and moving threads from the "wrong" board is certainly something we don't want to do.

With that said, we would like to clarify that the Let's Talk Romance Novels board is for posts about books and the Potpourri is for almost every other romance-related issue. Additionally, Writerís News is for writer promos, General Chat for topics of general interest (non-romance TV and movies, for example), and Wild Wild West for those who want to talk politics or anything else potentially controversial.

Additionally, we'd appreciate it if posters could keep the threads about individual books on the Letís Talk Romance Novels board to just one thread -- in other words, please don't start a new thread if you see one already on the board.

And one thing more: Please try to keep within the general confines of a thread topic. If a thread veers off in another direction, it's usually a good idea to start a new one to help posters involved in the original discussion and those who'd like to participate in a new one.

Once again, thanks to everyone for posting. We're glad you're here!

Sandy AAR
robiform

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sandy,
I certainly agree that starting a new thread about a particular book when there already is a thread on the book is not a good idea. I have a question: is there some way (other than scrolling back through many pages) to find if a thread on a book is already on the forum? In other words, is there some type of keyword index? Like a lot of people, I have a ton of books in the TBR stack(s), and sometimes I'll pick one to read that was published a LONG time ago. Needless to say, scrolling back 10, 15, or 20 pages on the forum would be very time-consuming, and if I want to see what other people think of a particular book, that seems to be the only way to do it. Unless, of course, there IS a keyword index! (I'm a former librarian, and I used to catalog books, so I'm big on indices!) :)

Thanks in advance!
iluvarake

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering this too, as I post about books that were published in the past. I do a search, but I don't usually go back more than a few pages so I'm sure I'm missing some old threads.
PatW

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the top of the message board page is a "power" search button. Click on it and it opens where you can search titles of topics or individual posts. Very helpful. Don't bother scrolling since I discovered it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AAR Forum Index -> Let's Talk Romance Novels Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: